Twenty- Eight

As the four of them start walking inside they hear someone shouting Zayn's name. It's Niall with Kia.

ZAYN: "I called them."

Liam looks at him in shock, trying to understand why would he call them here, he didn't even know why was he coming here.

ZAYN: "I knew, I asked Harry. He told me you wanted to talk to me. I thought they should be here too."

Liam passed a soft smile to Zayn and indicated Niall and Kia to come inside.

Liam sits down and starts speaking.

LIAM: "So I assume that most of us now know that Kia and I have dated in the past, except you Harry."

HARRY: "Why am I always the last one to know such stuff?"

Zayn shoots a "what the f*ck" look at Harry and Harry bends towards Louis, placing his head on Louis' chest.

LOUIS: "Liam, do you want me to?"

LIAM: "I think this is my part."

LIAM: "A few months after we broke up, Kia and I, we, broke up, I started drinking too much. So much that I had to attend therapy and Louis used to keep check on me. Louis has honestly seen me at my worst and I don't know why but he decided to stay with me. I wanted to go back to Kia but I never did, that's why I started drinking. When I saw her with Niall the other night, I just freaked out because I haven't seen her with anyone, since.. Since we broke up and yes that triggered something inside me but as I said Louis has always been there, he followed me and stayed at my place overnight, so that I don't get back to drinking again. Drinking like a fool, like I used.. u- s- e-d- t- o-..."

Liam's voice started shaking as he was speaking. Louis ran towards Liam and Zayn started shaking him and patting
his cheeks.

ZAYN: "He was alright just now. What happened? How did he faint?

LOUIS: "Did he eat something at work today? Because I'm quite sure he didn't have breakfast."

ZAYN: "He hasn't eaten anything since morning?"

Harry tells Louis to bring some water, Kia follows Louis into the kitchen while Niall calls a doctor.

NIALL: "Can you please tell me if Dr. Gilbert is free right now? My friend here has fainted, he needs to come here right now to check him."

ASSISTANT: "I'm really sorry sir, doctor is in the operation theatre right now, we can send an ambulance or you can bring your friend here to the hospital."

Niall hangs up the call and walks around in the hall for a while and says-

NIALL: "C'mon pick him up. We're talking him to the hospital."

MEANWHILE-

KIA: "So are you just going to pretend that I'm not here?"

LOUIS: "It's better than accepting the truth that you are. You know I never liked you and that fact is never gonna change."

KIA: "What did I even do to deserve this hate?"

LOUIS: "I never said I hate you. I know you aren't the bad person but that guy there has suffered a lot because of you and I have handled him on his darkest days. There's no point in telling the half truth like you did today and there's no point in hiding it. I don't know why Liam didn't say anything but if he doesn't wake up anytime soon, I'll tell the whole thing to Zayn, myself."

HARRY: "What are you two fighting over right now? We are taking Liam to hospital, he isn't waking up. C'mon let's go. We need to leave now."

AT THE HOSPITAL-

Louis is in the other car with Harry and others are already in the hospital.

NURSE: "Does the patient have any heart problems?"

ZAYN: "I- I'm not- not sure."

KIA: "No he doesn't. As much as I know."

Louis comes running towards everyone else, Harry is still in the parking lot.

LOUIS: (Breathing Heavily) "Wha- Wha happened?"

ZAYN: "Does Liam have any heart problems?"

LOUIS: "Where's the doctor?"

ZAYN: "The nurse was asking, she's right there."

Louis walks up to the nurse-

LOUIS: "He doesn't have any heart problems but he has had panic attacks before, never like this. Here, these are his medical records."

After a few minutes a doctor comes out-

DOCTOR: "Liam's blood pressure dropped down, dehydration and empty stomach are probably what resulted in it. Does he have some kind of stress?"

LOUIS: "Not in general but today was a difficult day."

Zayn walks out of the corridor, reaching to his pocket to get some cigarettes. He looks above at the sky and lights up a cigarette, he starts blaming himself for what happened. It's as if a shodow of himself is telling him that it's always him who makes people stressful.

A voice in his head is screaming that if he wouldn't have left the studio like that and would have talked to Liam right there then situation could have been avoided. A familiar voice disturbs his thoughts-

LOUIS: "Have you got one more mate?"

Zayn pulls out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and hands it over to Louis. He starts filling his mind with unnecessary thoughts, once again.

LOUIS: "Do you know it doesn't light up itself."

Zayn chuckles and passes the lighter to Louis.

LOUIS: "You know, Liam used to smoke a lot, he developed a lot of such habits. I mean, it's alright to an extent but he lost control. He never used to know what he was doing."

ZAYN: "All because of the break-up?"

LOUIS: "You really think so? I don't know who was he trying to protect but I'm gonna be truthful to you. I never liked Kia, I still don't. The only reason I tolerate her is Liam. To Liam, she's really special. I have no idea why-"

ZAYN: "What do you mean?"

LOUIS: "A few months after the break-up, Liam had a grand opening of the new branch in LA, and since she's the head of the UK branches, she was invited too. Liam doesn't invite anyone just like that, he cross checks the invitations himself and hence, he invited her himself. I know him, if he really loves somebody, he doesn't give up on them. The decision of break-up was mutual. Liam told her that he needed some time but he also told her that his feelings for her were real, all that time they were together, even after that."

Louis lets out a trail of smoke.

LOUIS: "That man invited her and asked her if she could give him one more chance and she told him that she doesn't wanna date anybody. She said that the pain Liam gave her wasn't easy to handle."

Zayn doesn't say anything, he's just listening to Louis.

LOUIS: "I mean I understand it would have been difficult for her, but the same night, when she said she wasn't ready to date anybody, Liam saw her kissing, someone else. I mean, it would be out of anger or I don't know what, but Liam was hurt. I don't even think she knows that Liam saw her."

ZAYN: "You never asked for her side of the story?"

LOUIS: "If you leave Liam today even if he's being such a freak, I won't ever be able to like you. He's my best friend
Zayn. He's wrong sometimes, I mean he did something pretty stupid today too, (Louis pauses for a moment) about which I shouldn't be talking. Anyways, I don't think it was his fault that he needed to figure out himself. I don't think it was right to say to his face that he caused pain because he himself was so confused and I was the one who suggested him to take some time away and figure everything out."