The poolside - where it all began

After taking a shower, Ahaan absent-mindedly switched on his laptop to check some of his business emails that have been pending for quite a few days as he was held up in the festivities. But his mind kept racing to what happened earlier beside the pool. Did he miss a heartbeat when Ishqi said "Aapko dekh ke na...mere dil me vo hota hai". Naah....he was reading too much into something that's not worth thinking about....but was it really not worth?

He opened the first unread email, typed his answer, and hit the send button. He then began browsing the other emails and prioritizing which ones needed to be replied first when his mind wandered again to the poolside. What the fudge! Why am I thinking about her? She's my best friend's would-be wife. No, I should stop torturing myself.

But what was that "kirmich ki ball" all about? What a strange lingo that girl uses!

He Googled "kirmich ki ball"....and her words echoed in his mind

Aapko dekh ke na...mere dil me vo hota hai...wo jaise hota hai na....kadai me puri daalne se pehle channn si awaaz aati hai...ya fir jaise kirmich ki ball tap se tappa khake uchal jati hai......mera vi dil aapko dekhe waise tap se tappa khake uchal jata hai

His heart fluttered. What is this feeling? What's happening to me? I'm in a committed relationship with Rhea. But why does my mind keep going back to that weird girl?

Uff....ho chukka aaj kaam to....he shut the laptop off, pulled out a chilled bottle of beer from the mini fridge and went to the balcony that gave a side view of the pool where a lot had happened this evening.

She said what she feels for me....she hasn't felt even an ounce of that for Mayank. But what did I do? Yes, I did help her whenever she needed. And I worry about her a lot. And though I hate her extremely extrovert nature and strange language, I miss her when she's not in front of my eyes. But why? What the heck is happening to me?

She has feelings for me, I'm sure. But what about me? Do I too.....no no no no...I must not go into that treacherous territory. But why did it feel so good to have her in my embrace? Yes, I reluctantly held her, thinking she was Mayank's would-be wife but why did I feel a stabbing pain when her lips reached closed to mine and I had to pull back? If Ishqi had heard these thoughts, she would have surely told – AVM, ye sab chemical locha ho raha hai aapke dimag me jo aapko ye feel karwa raha hai.....Hmmm...Ishqi and her love of Bollywood films...kya filmi ladki hai, yaar!

But yes, those embraces.....what if she wasn't my best friend's fiancée? What if she was my betrothed? Why does her touch make me feel something that I haven't felt before? And it wasn't the first time I was feeling this. That night...in that lodge....I did feel something then too....Why do I yearn to see her? To talk to her? To just sit beside her silently?

God! Am I falling in.....what does Kartik call it? Ishk wala love? Naah....Ahaan, you're drunk...go to sleep and you'll have a clear head when you wake up tomorrow morning, bereft of all these misleading feelings...yeah! I should sleep....And he came back to his room and let his tired body and his equally tired mind drift into sleep.