This Ishqi is very very risky

Had it been some other time, Ahaan would have scolded Ishqi but he sensed something was troubling her. So, he decided to keep mum this time. He picked the phone, dialled the room service, and said to Ishqi – Kuch breakfast order kar deta hoon tumhare liye. Kya bolu?

Kuch bhi halka sa...

Hmmm...

He ordered 2 toasts with a scrambled egg and a fresh serving of seasonal fruits.

Then, he went back to his chair and keeping a safe distance from her in order to not make her uncomfortable, asked

Tum itni pareshan kyu lag rahi ho? Kuch huwa hai kya?

nahi to...

Kitna jhut bolti hai ye ladki....thik hai...nahi batana to mat batao....mujhe kaunsi padi hair sab sach janne ki....he said to himself silently....and sulked with his gaze fixed on the floor.

Ishqi noticed this from the corner of her eyes and said to herself – ekdam baccha hai...jahan iski baat kisi ne na mani to bas, babua ko aa jata hai gussa....uff...kya pareshani hai...takrana tha vi to isi bande se kyu....is se accha to mera sar hi fut jata gir ke.....and she sighed deeply.

After 15 minutes' of awkward silence that seemed like a lifetime for both, the room's doorbell rang. Ahaan went to the door, took a look through the eyehole to make sure it was the waiter and none else, and assured that it indeed was, opened the door. He took the food tray, mumbled a thank you, and closed the door. He put the tray on the bedside table, and brought the plate of food to Ishqi who was lost in her own world of thoughts.

Kha lo ab

Haan. Thanks! Aapko to aj bahut kaam hoga, ap jaiye, main thik hu aur khana vi kha lungi.

Kaam to tha mera aj...kuch business meetings the apne city office me...par vo maine reschedule karwa diye hain, main niklunga thori der me...kal sham tak wapas aaunga....bas tum ye plate khatam karo aur juice ka glass vi, to main niklu.

Arrreey, kaha to maine, main kha lungi...

Haan, haan, pata hai mujhe....apne bare me to sabse last me sochti ho tum...fir se chakkar khake girna hai kya? ab muunh band rakho aur chupchap khao..

Lo ji, muunh band rakhungi to baat kaise karungi?

Haan to mat karo na baat, kha lo pehle....

The slight change of his tone, which showed his anger and restlessness, made her go mum and she finished eating quickly.

He put the empty plate and glass on the food tray, kept it outside the door, and came back to bid goodbye.

Chalo, main nikalta hun ab. Tum thik ho?

Haan. Thanks, meri madad karne ke liye.

Hmm...ab to aadat si ho chali hai...he mumbled to himself in a hushed tone.

Kuch kaha aap ne?

Nahi to. Chalo bye.

Bye.

And he exited the room.

Ishqi quickly thought about her next course of action.

I need to see Sonu at first. And take Kartik (and perhaps Raj) into confidence. Then, perhaps I should talk to Mayank's father. And decide if I really need to confront that shit of a man! Going alone to confront that kameena Mayank won't be a good idea. Now that her stomach was full, her thought process was more reasonable.

She dialed Sonu's mobile. No answer. She decided to go to her room. Standing outside her room, she hesitated for a split second before ringing the door bell. Sonu opened and a glance at her face made Ishqi realize she has been crying all morning.

45 minutes later, Ishqi left Sonu's room. She called Kartik, explained the situation in brief, and begged him to be with his sister and not leave her alone for even a second. Kartik came in 5 minutes, they nodded at each other, and then Ishqi made her way to Mayank's father. Thankfully, uncle was alone in his suite and his health appeared a lot better. She bolted the door, was relieved to know Suman Aunty won't be there for another hour, and told him the entire story – right from her spiked drink to Sonu's molestation (with proof of the texts and pictures sent on Sonu's mobile to blackmail her, which she had now forwarded to her cell phone). She pleaded with him to ensure his son was punished and Sonu's wedding goes on without a hitch. She also explained why she must call off this alliance. Thankfully, he understood it all, made some quick calls, and ensured her everything would be okay. 

And then he said -

The police would be here to arrest my son in an hour. I want you and your aunt to leave right away and go to a place unknown to anyone for a couple of days until it all settles down. My son's vengeance can be fatal and I'm sorry for putting you through all this but I really believed he had changed, though I now know he hasn't. Do you have any safe place to go?

No – said Ishqi.

Okay, I'll arrange something. Go, pack your things fast, and be ready to move out in 30-40 minutes. Try not to tell anyone where you're going or what's happening. Can you get ready in 30-40 minutes?

Yes, I can, uncle. And thank you very much.

No need to thank me beta. I'm so sorry to have put you through these things. May God bless you.

50 minutes later

As Ishqi's car passed the hotel's gate, enroute to her new home, albeit a temporary one that Mayank's father has arranged, she saw a police jeep enter the hotel's premises. Her maasi was bewildered and still processing why her wedding was called off, why they had to leave so suddenly, and a lot more unanswered questions – all in silence.

Ishqi had already updated Kartik about the future happenings and was relieved to know that Raj too was with Sonu now as she had decided to share her burden with him. Kartik also knew and understood why she had to leave so suddenly and secretively to ensure no one was able to trace her to her new location. They have exchanged email ids too and she had told she would email him when she could as her phone might not be reachable.