Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

As the first rays of the sun hit his eyes, Ahaan woke up. His head was so heavy and his body ached. He closed his eyes again hoping to get some more sleep. And lo! She was standing in her black hot attire right before his eyes and mischievously smiling and saying...kya hua, AVM?

He jerked open his eyes. Was this a dream? But it felt so damn real! Fudge!

In her room, Ishqi was pacing restlessly. She was catching dream-like glimpses of her conversation with AVM beside the pool last night but failed to clearly recollect what had happened. Someone must have spiked my drink. But how do I find out? She thought and then suddenly remembered that the bar's CCTV footage could have an answer. But would they show the footage to her? Should she ask AVM to accompany her? Naah, he doesn't like me...chutki var vi...and am no damsel in distress (a smile crossed her lips as she remembered how he had once used those words – damsel in distress).

After 2 hours, Ishqi returned to her room, worry writ large on her forehead.

She took a shower and rested her spine on the comfy bed, while her mind and heart were racing as fast as they could.

She looked at the pen drive in her hand. It held all her answers and then some more. Thank got she remembered just in time to check the poolside footage and then the corridor footage too once she saw Mayank taking an unconscious Sonu somewhere while she was led toward the pool in Ahaan's embrace. But what happened inside room 601? Whom should she ask? Should she tell that 3 naam wala banda? What if he loses it and does something drastic?

She now knew it was Mayank who had spiked her drink....it was he who did something to Sonu when he took her to that room...but what did he do? I must confront him....right away...I don't have time...she said aloud.

She got up and took a few steps when she lost her balance and fell. Heck! I haven't eaten anything since morning, which probably has made my blood glucose levels unstable. Shit! Shit! Shit!

But I can't wait to have my meal now. I will eat a bar or two of chocolates instead. She opened her purse but found there was none of those choco bars. Damn!

She decided to confront Mayank nevertheless and stepped outside her room. She hurriedly closed the door and had taken just 3 steps when everything became hazy and she felt she was losing her foothold and slipping. Her head was about to hit the wall when a strong arm pulled her away and she smelled a known whiff of his deo before she passed out.

Ahaan was perplexed. Iska nasha kya ab tak nahi utra?

While balancing her with one hand, he picked the door keys from the floor and unlocked the door. He quickly took a glance at both ends of the corridor. He made sure no one was there. And then, in one fell swoop, he took her in his arms, stepped inside the room, and closed the door with a thud by kicking it with his leg.

Carefully, he laid her on the bed, adjusted the pillow under her head, and pulled the chair to sit beside her.

She looked so beautiful. He leaned forward to caress her hair and softly called her name. But no response. He leaned a bit closer. His mind immediately went back to last night when those two lips were just as close. He again called her name softly. This time, she made a sound.

Ummmmmm....

And then she opened her eyes, as if to come back to reality from a dream. And seeing him so close to her, suddenly became extremely conscious and wanted to get up. He reassured her – Sab theek hai par kya ho gaya tumhe? Agar main nahi hota to pata nahi kya ho jata tumhe.

She teared her eyes away from him and replied, somewhat in a guilty voice, about her skipped breakfast.