The Steam Mech Inventor

The walk back to Jekyll's apartment was... interesting to say the least. Inanna hovered casually behind Y/n while Jekyll and Hyde both fought for control of the body, often with some hilarious one-liners.

Hyde: "MOM SAID IT'S MY TURN ON THE BODY!!"

Jekyll: "That doesn't even make any sense, our mothers are both dead!"

Hyde: "IT STILL COUNTS, BITCH!!"

Jekyll: "No, no it doesn't!"

Hyde: "WELL I FUCKIN' SAY IT DOES!!"

Both: *incoherent autism noises*

Inanna: "So... are you gonna-"

Y/n: "Not a fuckin' chance. This is going on Chaldea's YouTube channel and nobody's gonna stop me."

After about half an hour, they finally arrived back at the apartment. Jekyll had regained control of his body and had sat down for a cup of tea like the refined Englishman he was.

(Still got pumped by the pasta men though, heheheheheheheh. No I'm not letting that go as a matter of principle.)

While Jekyll and Inanna both drank their tea, Y/n laid down for a quick nap. He needed to speak with Abzu and decided that a rest was warranted.

The documents they found were given to the author servants to decipher.

As Y/n slept, Raikou wandered in and saw him laid out on the couch. She couldn't help herself and lay his head on her lap. Y/n's eyes opened briefly, however he was lulled back to sleep shortly after.

A few hours later, Y/n could faintly hear the others talking about their next move with Fran occasionally chiming in. They were discussing their next move, Fran could track down Charles Babbage so that became the group's main priority. Raikou kept telling the others to keep it down on account of her master who, not only had his head resting on Raikou's lap, but he also had Jack fast asleep on top of him, she was curled up like a cat as she slept rather adorably.

When everything was sorted out, Gudako, Ophelia, Mash, Zhuge and Fran all headed out to find Babbage.

The group found themselves wandering the streets for the best part of an hour and a half before the sound of mechanical exhausts filled the air. Fran stepped out in front of the group as a massive figure emerged from the mist. It was a machine.

 It was a machine

Fran: "Uh!"

The looming machine lifted what looked like a bell before slamming it down just next to where Fran was stood. The others were about to step in when Fran held her pylon up, signalling that she could handle the massive steam robot in front of her.

It went for another swing, but this time Fran was able to intercept it before she charged her pylon with electricity. She then slammed it into the robot's metal chassis. The machine got back up quickly and advanced slowly as more, smaller robots started to appear around the group.