Chapter 2-Promise

Promise was a hivewing with only a mother.

And a crazy one, at that.

""Hun, when in Clearsight's lifetime will you compliment my baking?"

"Mmm..probably never." Promise estimated as her mother sighed.

"Little one, don't talk to me like that."

"I'm not a 'little one' anymore," Promise pointed out while marvelling a few flowers she had picked today from the Savanna Shop.

That was actually the only place allowed to bring nature inside the hives, to give hivewings a good source of air.

It ranged from harmless flowers like asters to deadly ones like oleander.

Promise added the best of the pink flowers to her flower crown as her mother smiled "Some things will never change."

"Mom-why are you so sappy." Promise groaned as her mother said "Your ruining the moment-"

"Hmph." Promise responded, looking at some more varieties of pink flowers.

"Why don't we ever go flower-picking?" she asked as Firefly said "Silkwings like to do that stuff-well, when they have time. Not us hivewings, though, hun."

Argh. Silkwings ruined everything. Why they couldn't play in the savanna-because silkwings did that. Why they couldn't pick their own flowers? Because silkwings did that. Funny how she didn't be ruder to silkwings.

Firefly guessed her thoughts and agreed "Silkwings are terrible. All they do is limit us hivewings from freedom."

That was the only thing she agreed with her mother on.

"Whats your favorite flower?"

"Marigolds, of course."

"Don't you use that tone with me," Firefly warned

"Why not?" Promise asked sarcastically

"Because I'm your mom. I'm supposed to be respected," Firefly complained

"Sure, kid."

"Hey!" her mom yelped

"So, what do we do? I don't think we have school today, right?"

"No, but you can stay up in your room"

"Why do you always send me there?" Promise asked wearily as her mother said "Because of your bad attitude. Now begone."

"Not nice." Promise huffed, going up to her room. At least it was colorful in there.

She always felt a sentimental attachment to her flower crown and rarely took it off.

Promise looked down at her talons again, wishing she was the Queen of Floralwings-if those were even real.

Floralwings were dragons who looked like flowers, adorned themselves with flowers, and fed themselves with nectar from flowers. But they were just a little-known rumor from Clearsight's time.

How they were discovered? Here was the story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE FLORALWINGS

Once upon a time, millenias ago, tribes were different.

Leafwings and a mysterious tribe which could change their scales and supposedly shoot venom were once merged as FloralWings.

Slowly, flowers started to die.