Chapter 7 - Azure

Azure hid, with his heart pounding vigorously. He'd seen this before, but although he knew it must have had to work on his supposed friend, he never thought he would have to see them go all crazy white eyed and stupid and unision and evil and - ok, that was too many ands. Resuming that - and under control of the horrible queen. Every HiveWing has gone outside the hives - were they OK? Was something wrong? Ok, that was sort of a stupid question. Of course something was wrong! Why else would Queen Wasp call the hivewings outside? Especially on such a hot day!

He was originally planning to follow Abispa, and that would be loyal, but it would express how much he was attached to them. After all, they were one of the only HiveWings - well - that was a lie - the only (so far) - he could trust. Well, only partially. They were mind-controlled and zombie-brained sometimes, as he had just seen. He did see them twitch while fighting, as if to resist, but they never got free. That was pretty scary, actually, especially the part where they were talking in unision with the others. They - her - it - sounded like cold honey, but layered with poison underneath. 

Feeling untrusting, Azure growled. He was hiding somewhere Abispa never told him about - was that a bad sign? Or was that just him being paranoid again? What if Wasp could see in Abispa's thoughts and see Azure? Wait - what was with the visit? He had forgotten to worry about that, because of everything else to worry about, such as The Wings of the Lonomia, Abispa, his silk, etc. It was still about 6:40 in the morning, so he didn't have to leave for school yet, which would give him a bit of time to wonder what Wasp wanted him for. Whatever in the blasted moons she wanted him, just another SilkWing to even talk to her for.

 Well, just another SilkWing was a lie. Azure was a possible - most likely (unless the rumors had been complete hoaxes, of course) flamesilk. A type of SilkWing which could probably burn down the world if they wanted to. A type of SilkWing who disappeared from the world and never came back after.  A type of SilkWing who could really, never, ever, not as long as Wasp was still living, not as long as any hivewing was still living, could be free.

There was a break day for school, to prepare for metamorphosises? Was that the plural form of metamorphosis? Azure had always been worse at spelling and plurals, although it was so 'simple' according to other students. Abispa still wasn't back after that one day, and the Wings of the Lonomia had fled - not all of them - but most of them. A few were still lurking around, and Azure could peek out from the window a bit, but even from his high vantage he could practically see the furious scowls on their faces. And he was not going to just come outside as if the sun could shine in the hives and say "Hiii! How are you doing today? Bad deaths outside right?"

The paranoid silkwing kept checking his internal clock, watching the minutes tick by. What was going to happen? Wasp was probably going to come 5 minutes early. She always did that. Tick. 6:42. his internal clock rang. What if this was the end? Tick. 6:43. it rang again, as everything slowed down. What happens when Wasp arrives? What happens if I'm late? What happens if Abispa doesn't come back? What happens if they stay zombie-minded forever? Why would Wasp even do that?

He was now rushing to school, his tail swishing behind him rapidly. This was not a time to be late, but he could still be early without getting into trouble. He was already in a mess, he didn't need any more of one. All he needed was some time off from his worries, and worrying about HiveWings. How stupid was that? How stupid was it he was worrying about a tribe that he hated for what seemed like centuries? How stupid in the burning, bloodied, blasted moons was that?

Azure was coming 10 minutes early for some reason, even though he had planned to give himself 5 more minutes. Today just made him feel paranoid and worried. Over a hivewing. Of all tribes, a hivewing. Agrias was probably very mad with him - he bed she would , and she would be visiting the school today due to something in her work.  She told him about it a while ago, when none of this happened. This mess was terrible, and so chaotic that Azure could never imagine himself  being in the situation. Yet, somehow, he was.