Ghostnoblade (Edited)

(Part 2 to 'Phil?' !! Technoblade returns! But this time it's (kinda) Phil angst)

He woke up, sitting straight up as he did so.

For a brief second his head ached and so did his chest but he didn't know why. He looked around at his surroundings, confused. He didn't recognize the place he was in, he didn't recognize anything to be honest. Looking toward the ground he saw a large crater with glass covering it so one could see the crater but not fall in. He noticed red vines crowing along the sides and bottom of the crater. The man then noticed that his skin was translucent, he could see through his arms. The only part of him that wasn't were his hands, his palms and the undersides of his fingers were coated with a shiny golden substance. He saw his reflection in the glass windows of the houses near him. In the middle of his chest there was also a spot with this golden substance. It was coming from a slit made in his chest, maybe from a weapon?

This 'blood' dripped off of him, staining the ground gold.

There was streaks of gold running down from his eyes as well. They were like golden tears, forever dripping down his face. Then he noticed a small sign, he walked toward it and noticed that it seemed to be a grave marker.

R.I.P
Technoblade
A great warrior and friend

The name sounded familiar though he didn't exactly know why. He began to look around the area when suddenly a voice called out.

"Techno?"

The spirit didn't think the voice was calling out to him so he ignored it until the person came into view. Then a second came into view. The first was a pale man with dark hair and a large scar running down from his forehead to under his right eye. The other person had greenish skin and wore shiny armor. Both men had surprised looks on their faces.

"Techno? Is that really you?"

"I don't know, is Techno really my name?"

"..you don't remember your name?"

"No"

The two men exchanged a look. The spirit was unaware of what was shared between them.

"Yeah, your name is Techno. Do you remember anything?"

"No, I remember someone though... not a name"

"Niki? Ranboo?"

"no, not them"

Quackity realized something, he looked at Sam then back toward the ghost.

"Follow me"

"Oh, alright"

So the confused spirit followed both men, eventually finding out their names. Sam seemed off, like something made him uncomfortable. The spirit ignored it but Quackity acknowledged it. He nodded at Sam, showing him that he understood. The ghost remained confused for the rest of the walk.

It was unlikely he'd ever know.

————

Phil hadn't slept in a while.

He just couldn't, his mind wouldn't let him. And it was all because of one stupid little dream.

In this dream Phil would wake and open his eyes to see a vast library, filled with books stacked high on the shelves. He would walk almost endlessly down the aisle. The he would hear it.

"Phil?"

Then he would turn and see Techno, sitting at a table reading like he almost always was.

The book was usually 'The Outsiders' or 'The Princess Bride' or 'The Art of War'. That was the one part of the dream that varied between each time he had the dream. Techno would smile at him and Phil felt as though everything was fine. At first the dream didn't seem bad, when the dream first appeared he thought it would be a good dream. Maybe he was being naive but he thought the dream was just a retelling of an old memory he shared with Techno. In a way it really was. But then he would walk with techno through the library to find a book to read and suddenly they would be back in L'Manburg. Tears running down Techno's face as Phil looked down to see the sword. Phil could feel the warm blood on his hands and he could se it on his sword.

"W-Why?"

And then the dream would end and Phil would wake up. Phil hadn't touched the sword since. He'd even gone as far as to make a different sword. All so he didn't have to touch the very weapon he killed his best friend with. Could he even call Techno his best friend anymore? He helped orchestrate the man's death.

Phil was sitting in his house, it was all too quiet. Then he heard a knock at the door. Upon opening it he saw Sam. The man looked a bit confused which was odd.

"How did you find me?"

"Quackity, he um-he gave me directions"

"What do you want Sam? I don't want you here"

"I know, I have something to show you though"

"What could you possibly show me that would-"

"Phil?"

Phil froze, the voice was breathy and seemed to echo though they weren't in a cave. Phil looked over to see a spirit, floating just above the ground. Golden blood dripping down from where Phil had stabbed him. The spirit of his friend was holding a bit of snow in his hands. Phil looked at Quackity and Sam.

"We found him near the grave, remembers nothing but... well, you"

"But why? Why me?"

"I don't know"

"Because... you're my only friend, Phil"

Phil sighed, looking at Sam and Quackity. It took everything in him not to cry right then and there.

"You two can leave now"

The ghost tilted its head much like a confused puppy. It was a habit Techno used to have when he was young.

"Do I have to leave now too, Phil?"

"No t-techno, you.. you can stay"

The spirit smiled at him and Phil struggled to keep his composure. He still felt like crying, he always felt like crying when thinking about Techno. Now Techno was there, in front of him even if it was only a shell of his old self. It was still Techno and that's all Phil really cared about.

Guilt pounded in his heart as the ghost of his friend told him about the trip he took with Sam and Quackity. Then he felt a cold hand on his shoulder.

"Phil? you look sad, are you alright?"

Phil took a deep breath, wrapping his arms around the confusingly solid being in front of him despite the spirit being cold to the touch. Though he didn't see it, the spirit smiled wrapping his cold arms around Phil. He didn't understand that Phil really was sad but all that really mattered was that he knew who Phil was.

Or at least who he thought Phil was.

————

Now that Techno was gone, Phil was learning much more about Techno.

Honestly he thought he knew everything about the man but it clearly was untrue. It seemed as though the spirit remembered very few good things. Unlike Ghostbur who only remembered good things. Most of Techno's memories that didn't include Phil were awful.

"I remember... I remember a time from before I met you. I-I was living in a village and they thought that I was going to hurt them or something. Because they heard stories about me and those stories, well most of them weren't true. The king put me into a colosseum to see if I really was who they said I was... I had so many scars from that place"

(Sup! I edited it. Word count 1225)