𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐩 𝐫 𝐨 𝐥 𝐨 𝐠 𝐮 𝐞

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘

"You're insufferable," She mumbles out to me in the dark of the backseat of the cab that we share. I smile to myself, shifting forward so that I have more leg room in this tiny damn car. "Yeah well," I start off, fully aware of my slurring words, I blame the tequila, "I wasn't about to leave you at that party, alone—"

"I wasn't alone, Luke!" She turns in her seat, a bit too fast by the looks of it. She presses three of her slender ring clad fingers to her temple as she glares at me. "You know that, you knew I was there with him and you just didn't like it." Every word she says drips with annoyance. I shrug one of my shoulders in response to her.

"You didn't need to come with me, s'not like I forced ya to or anything." I looked out of my window, but in the blur of the scenery we were passing, all I could see was her reflection staring back at me. "Force me? You practically hauled me out of the house." I could sense the driver's apprehension as our conversation went on, and I didn't blame him for his uneasiness.

To anyone else; it must have looked like I was a drunk jealous, possessive boyfriend, dragging her out of that frat house and putting her into a waiting car. It sounded bad, fuck—it looked bad. I just couldn't handle it anymore. Watching her with him, with anyone. Looking like she did. Fuck.

"Viv, it's not like that and you know it." I turned to face the front again, guiltily looking at my hands in my lap. "So then what is it like, Luke?" She challenged, edging forward in her seat, closer to me. I could smell her. Her apple scented shampoo, the sickly sweet perfume she uses, and her breath hot and smelling faintly of vodka. "Please, tell me what it is you think is going on between us, because I would love to know what exactly is going on up here." She drunkenly taps the side of my head, sighing heavily after speaking.