𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 : under my skin

𝐜 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫   𝐟 𝐢 𝐯 𝐞

𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏

I leave Vivienne's room in a hurry, my emotions are all over the place and that never happens to me. I like being in control of all things—all the time, and right now, I have no influence over my feelings. It's all Vivienne, all lust, all confusion, all anger. What the fuck did she mean by putting me in my place?

I know my place. It's as captain of the lacrosse team, living with my three teammates, partying and drinking whenever I feel like it and fucking around with whoever wants to. And after all of this, after university and lacrosse, I'll put my accounting degree to work at my step-fathers firm, making my way up the corporate ladder until I reach the top. It has been that way since my early days of high school and I have no issue with that.

I'm not one of those trust fund kids that disagree with their parents and don't want to end up like them; I'm the exact opposite actually. I want to be like my step-father. Phil is successful and happy, and those are two traits not often used together to describe someone. My biological father however, I'd sooner throw myself in front of a train before wanting to be anything like him. Alcoholic, lazy, useless son-of-a-bitch. When I was 12 years old, I promised my mum that I would do anything to not end up like him, and I intend on keeping that promise.

Walking back into the small living room, I notice Ashton first. He's chugging down a glass of water in the kitchen, his eyes widen when he sees me. "You all good, mate?" I shake my head, wiping my nose with the back of my hand. "You okay if we start heading out?" He nods almost instantly, "Yes fuckin' please," He puts the glass down onto the counter top, not looking anywhere except for my face. "The girls here are wild." I don't question what he's said just yet, but I will in the car.