𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 : game on

𝐜 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫   𝐟 𝐨 𝐮 𝐫

𝒈𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏

"Why do you and Jess insist on calling me 'pretty boy'"? I ask Vivienne, my eyes watching her with wary. There's an incredibly thick bass song playing in the living room of her dorm as she wraps her arms around my shoulders and intertwines her fingers at the back of my neck. A shiver runs down my spine at the feeling of her cold rings against my skin. She gives me a lazy smirk, going up onto her toes as we sort of dance.

We're kind of just swaying lightly, but my hands refuse to leave their spot on her waist, holding her to me. This is the closest we've ever been and I'm sure she can feel my heart beating against my chest where she has hers. "Why, do you not think you're pretty?" She's acting coy, I know it's an act and usually the fake innocent thing doesn't work on me, but the sudden tightness in my jeans seem to dispute that statement.

"Oh, I'm very pretty." I tell her with a wide smile, looking over her head at Ashton who is being pulled down the hallway and into a bedroom by the girl who had opened the door for us half an hour ago. Hmm, that was fast—even by Ashton's standards. I feel Vivienne's chest vibrate against mine and I look back down to see her laughing. I feign shock and move one of my hands to my chest, separating us slightly. "I'm sorry, did I just actually make Vivienne Delaney laugh?" She just shakes her head at me.

"Whatever, I'm drunk. I'll laugh at anything." I'm suddenly aware of all the space between us and quickly pull her chest back to mine. "Whatever." I move us slowly, and for a second I think I catch her eyes looking at my lips. "I kind of figured you'd been drinking. Otherwise why would you voluntarily be in the same room as me?"

She doesn't look at my face when she responds with a simple shrug. "Doin' Jess a favour." I purse my lips. Favour? When I don't answer her, she pulls me in closer and brings her lips to my ear. I hope my very obvious shiver goes unnoticed, but if she sees or feels it, she doesn't bring it up. "Don't you think they're cute together?" I turn my head slightly, my nose bumping her temple.