Chapter Two

The morning sun floods through the windows of the Great Hall as the Hogwarts students fill their plates full of breakfast foods for their first morning at Hogwarts.

"Rise and shines amigos you all look half asleep. Where's the sparkle?? Where's the shine??" Archie says loudly at his friends sitting at their table slapping their backs causing both James and Talulah to spit out their orange juice.

"Archie can you not?!" Talulah screeched "It's 7:30am just chill and eat your food" she says pushing a bowl of cereal his way as he plops down next Apollo getting his spoon ready to tuck in.

"To be honest I forgot 7:30am was an actual time I haven't gotten up this early since the last day of school" yawned Artemis thudding her head down on the table letting out a groan "I'm already done with this dayyyy"

"Oh stop being so whiny you sound like an annoying dog" Archie also whined.

"Both of you sound like annoying dogs, shut up and eat" Talulah says sternly but still with a laugh at her two best friends.

Breakfast quickly finishes and students go back upstairs before class to finish getting ready before the first lesson of the day

***

"Temmi hold up!!" James calls out above the buzz of the crowded corridor. Artemis turns around giving him a smile and go ahead to start talking. "So uhhh, I heard that the first Hogsmeade trip is in a couple weeks and I was wondering if you'd like to go with me? Like just you and me?" James asks hopefully but when he looks back at Artemis he realises her attention is elsewhere and that she probably didn't hear a word he said.

"I- sorry I got kinda distracted I'll catch up with you later ok?" she said patting him on the shoulder. Picking up the pace she stops a few feet away from where she sees Apollo with Lois.

"So I was wondering if you would like to sit next to me in potions? Seeing as it's our only class together?" Lois asks Apollo as she twizzles her hair and looks into his eyes.

"God if he actually falls for her act I'll have to talk to him." Artemis thinks to herself.

"Well I normally sit with Temmi but seeing as it is our only class I don't see why not" Apollo's smiles back all flustered. "Actually she's over there, I'll see you later??" before he can go Lois catches him off guard and hugs him making him freeze on the spot but slowly he relaxes into it closing his eyes.

"Hey Tem, I'm sorry but I can't sit with you today in potions I-"

"Promised Lois you would sit next to her, yh I heard actually I think everyone in the corridor heard but yeah sure it's fine, it's whatever"

"Ok are you sure? You can say if you're not"

"I said it's fine."

***

"Ew look at her she's all over him it's disgusting" Artemis whispers to Talulah at the back of potions class. It's not that Artemis didnt like Lois it's just that she didn't want Apollo to get hurt, she's protective over her brother and he's protective over her he was the exact same last year when Artemis was making out with a different person every other week she just never knew what it felt like until now.

"Just focus on your potion otherwise you're going to blow up your cauldron like last year and that really wasn't fun, I had to carry your bag around for weeks and can I just say it wasn't light!!" Talulah reminded her whilst stirring both hers and Artemis' potions.

"Oh come onnn it wasn't that bad plus you love me so it's fine" Artemis replied jokingly, she was grateful that she had an amazing best friend who would honestly go to the end of the world for her and she'd do the same.

"My love for you doesn't make up for the back pain you're extremely heavy bag caused me unfortunately" Talulah said smiling at the memory.

***

The whole day passed by quickly and the sun was starting to set and Artemis had wondered onto the school grounds by herself taking in her day. She walked over to the familiar tree that Hagrid had introduced her too last year during Care of Magical Creatures. The tree was full of Bowtruckles who took an immediate liking to her the moment they met her. Since then Artemis would just come and sit with them and think about her day and sometimes even talk to them.

Artemis loved Magical Creatures and it was definitely her favourite subject. For her first Christmas at Hogwarts she got gifted Magical Creatures and Where to Find them by Newt Scamander. Since then she would carry it everywhere and still has it to this day, it's all broken up and tattered but she would never get rid of it. It was her comfort item.

When she arrived at Hogwarts she would spend hours in the library researching more Magical Creatures and would go round the castle and grounds trying to find them, then in third year she chose to take Care of Magical Creatures as a subject. She excelled in the class seeming to have a special connection with them, a bond that she didn't have with anyone else.