11

I was reading a book in my room. I hummed as I flipped through the pages. That was until Eri bursted into my room. "Eri?" I asked. She grabbed my hand and dragged me out. "E-Eri? What's wrong? Why are we leaving?" I asked. I saw she was heading outside. I tried to stop her. "Daddy won't like it if we go outside." I reasoned. She didn't listen and pulled me out. We ran into an alley and she kept running. I began to cry. "E-Eri, daddy will get mad. I don't want us to get in trouble." I cried. "H-He's not a good p-person." She panted. "W-What do you-" We both stopped as she ran into someone. I fell back a little. "Can you stand? Are you two okay?" I looked up to see a green hair boy. I stood away from him as he tried to pick me up. He picked up Eri, and I saw she was trembling. Why was Eri so scared? What did she mean that daddy wasn't a good person? I then heard footsteps behind us. "...you can't go around causing trouble for the heroes." It was daddy. I quickly went behind him. He patted my head, and looked at the two young heroes. "I'm sorry about my daughters, hero." I looked at him with a questionable expression. Why does daddy lie to these two? They are heroes and heroes lie more. So I guess it's okay. "My oldest one likes to play around a lot and keeps getting hurt. My youngest one also." Daddy said. The boy- with 1000000 million on his hero outfit- put the mask over his worried green haired friend. Why does almost everyone get scared of daddy? I listen more to their conversation. "Your daughter...seems scared..." the green one said. I tilted my head at Eri. I went to walk towards her, but daddy held me back. I stopped and grabbed his hand. "She falls a lot." Daddy spoke. "For such a small child to be trembling like ygis without making a sound...I don't think that's normal." The green one stated. I was still confused on why she was scared. Daddy brought us back into the alley. I held onto him and looked behind us. "Yes, some children are hard to understand." Daddy stopped and looked at Eri. "They seriously think that..." I got scared for a moment of how daddy's mood changed. He had this dark aura around him. It almost felt like death. Eri let go and came to us. I smiled and held daddy's hand while Eri took his other. "She's always like this. I'm sorry you had to listen to my problems, too. Sorry for the trouble. Well, do your best at work." Daddy said and we started to leave. I looked up as it began to rain. I smiled as I felt it on my face. I love the rain.

"I'm sorry daddy. I tried to stop Eri from going outside. Please don't be mad at us." I apologized. I felt him rub my head gently. "It's alright. I'm not mad at you." He said kindly. "Go back to your room and be ready to take a bath. I'll send Nemoto in a little bit." He said. I nodded and went around the corner. I waited a while, and peeked in the hallway. What was daddy hiding that makes everyone so scared of him? "The young people today are sicker  than ever." Daddy said. Chrono, prepare the bath." He ordered. "Yes, sir." Chrono replied. "I'm real sorry boss. I swear, I barley took my eyes off her. The kid made a break for I-" my eyes widen in horror as I saw daddy kill the man. I covered my mouth to quiet down my scream. "And clean that up." Daddy said. "Right." Chrono replied. I heard Eri whimper. "This is maddening. They're all infected with hero syndrome." Daddy said. I noticed he was getting hives on his skin. I ran to my room as they came closer.

I panted as I shut the door. I sat down and my back against the door. I replayed the scene in my head and cried. I shook my head. Daddy wouldn't do such a thing! He's the nicest person that I know! He gave me a home! A family! He didn't care that I didn't have a quirk! He loves me just like he said! I love daddy, and papa, and everyone else! But why would he lie to me?! I'm an idiot for not seeing the signs...though, I'm still a child. A child that hasn't fully understand the world. Books don't help you face reality as much... I took a deep breath in and let it out. I went to my bathroom, and washed my face. I still love daddy. As long as he doesn't hurt Eri or anyone else from our family, then he's still a good daddy. "(Y/n), are you ready?" Nemoto asked as he walked in my room. "Yes!" I said as I got in the tub. He smiled happily as he walked in. "Already have the bath prepared and everything." He chuckled. I smiled back. "Yup! I'm a big girl after all!" I hummed. My daddy and family are good people. No matter what anyone else says. I love them with all my heart. "Make sure you close your eyes." Nemoto said. I nodded and covered my eyes.

----

"It's time for bed, my little angel." Daddy said as he came in. I put the book away, and snuggled up with my toys. He tucked me in and kissed my head. "Daddy..." I spoke. "Yes?" He asked as he turned on the nightlight. "You wouldn't hurt anyone from our family, right?" I asked. "Of course not. Did Eri tell you something?" He asked. I played around with the hem of the cover. "S-She did, but nothing much. I didn't believe that you are bad. You're a good daddy. I love you a lot." I said. I bite my lip as I felt bad for throwing Eri under the bus. I was tired of lying to him and if I stop...probably he'll stop, too. "I love you too, my little angel. And I'm glad that you didn't believe her. Do you want to know a little secret about Eri?" He asked. I sat up a bit and nodded. "She had a mean daddy. That hurt her a lot of times. That's why she wears a lot of bandages. Another reason why she's scared of me. She thinks I'm like her old daddy." "But you're not." I retorted. He chuckled and tucked me back in. "She just doesn't trust me yet, but that's okay. I have you still. Good night." He smiled and kissed my head. "Good night, daddy." I yawned. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

- Overhaul POV -

"Do you think it's wise to lie to her like that?" Hari asked. "I know it's not right, but she's carries a special place in my heart. You both do. I just don't want to lose her is all. I don't want lose either of you." I said to him. He hugged me dearly. "It'll be okay. Hopefully everything works out, and we can continue our lives. We'll be a happy family." He smiled. I nodded and we both fell asleep.