3

I was reading in my room until I got bored. I walked out of my room and looked around the hallways. 'Where's Nemoto or Setsuno?' I thought as I looked around. "(Y/n)?" I turned around to see Hojo. I waved at him and he walked closer to me. "Still getting lost in here?" I nodded and took his finger. "You shouldn't be on this side of the halls. Overhaul doesn't like others here." I gave him a questioning look but it quickly went away. 'Why doesn't he want us there? Is it because of work?' I thought. We arrived at the common room and I sat on the couch. 'Things are a bit boring here...either I play around with Setsuno or Rappa, or I got to my room and read. I don't remember the last time I went outside....' I thought. "Hey (Y/n) why so down?" Setsuno asked. I looked up at him and shrugged. "I'm just bored." I said to him. He hummed and sat down next to me. "Things can be boring here. Hey why don't we play hide and seek?" He suggested. I smiled a bit and nodded. He began to count and I ran to find a hiding place.
I found a spot in the hallways. I sat there quietly and waited for him to find me. After a while he still hasn't found me. I decided to move from my spot. "(Y/n)...I'm going to find you." I smirked and walked into a room. I turned around and saw Mr. Chisaki and Kurono. I ran to hide behind his desk. "(Y/n) what are you doing?" Chisaki asked. "Playing hide and seek with Setsuno." He hummed and continued to do his work.
- Kai POV-
I heard the door open and Setsuno peeked in. "Sorry to bother you boss but have you seen (Y/n)? We are playing a game." He asked me. I shook my head but pointed that she was behind my desk. He got the hint and walked over to my desk. "Found you- Huh?!" I looked down surprised she was gone. "Where did she go?" I questioned. I looked around my office but she wasn't anywhere to be found. "Okay (Y/n) you win." He called out in case she was still in the room. I heard a giggle and saw her behind him. "W-What?!" He looked confused. "I win." She smiled. He picked her up and chuckled. "Master of stealth. You are one tricky person to play with." I smiled as she giggled. 'This is the first time I actually heard her laugh and smile. She mostly has a blank face and rarely shows her emotions. She's also very stealthy...it's incredible actually.' They left and I continued working.  "I wonder how she did it?" Kurono laughed a bit. I nodded and looked down at the little picture of that I received from the orphanage.
- (Y/n) POV-
I looked outside to see it raining a bit and sighed. "You okay (Y/n)?" Nemoto asked me. I nodded a bit and watched the rain pour down. He hummed and looked from behind me. "Do you like the rain?" I nodded. "It's calming to me." I said quietly. "I also think it's calming." I smiled up at him. I looked to the side to see Tabe and Hojo. "Hello (Y/n)." They greeted. I waved at them and looked back at the window. 'I like it here...but I wish I had someone my age to play with. ' I thought. I got down from the chair and told them that I was going to my room. "Do you need help?" I shook my head and walked off.
Once again I was lost....I sighed angerly at myself. 'I should've asked for help....' I looked around to see no one around. I walked through the halls aimlessly until I saw a door open. I tilted my head and walked towards the door. I opened it a bit so I can fit in. It was dark but my eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness. I then saw a bed and what seemed to be a person on it. "Hello?" I called out. I heard a shuffle and I walked closer to the bed. "H-Hello." A girl's voice say. I tilted my head on why she sounded so scared. 'I should probably introduce myself...' "My name is (Y/n). What's your name?" I asked. "E-Eri...w-why are y-you here?" She asked. "I live here now. Mr. Chisaki adopted me." I informed. I then heard voices not very far away. "Y-You have t-to go. H-He'll hurt y-you....please. D-Don't talk a-about me." She warned as I left the room.
As I was walking down the halls I started to question on why Eri didn't want me there and who was him? I shrugged and hopefully see her again tomorrow. I arrived at my room finally and went to read on my bed. 

-Kai POV-

After doing my work I went to go check on (Y/n). I knocked on the door and heard a small come in. I opened it and chuckled a bit from what I saw. (Y/n) was surrounded by books on her bed and she was stuck in the middle. "I see my little bookworm was busy today." I moved some of the piles on the floor. She hummed and closed the book. "So how was your day?" I asked. "It was okay. What do you for work?" she asked. "I do paper work and find ways to make a cure for the sick people." she tilted her head a bit. "Like a doctor?" I nodded and pulled her on my lap. "What do you want to do when you get older?" I asked. She only shrugged and looked through all her books. "A writer." She said quietly. I hummed and took a book from a random pile. "The Lonely Dead?" I asked. "It's a ghost story." I nodded and smile a bit. We began to read a few stories until she passed out. I put the piles of books off her bed and tucked her in. "Good night (Y/n)." I whispered. She yawned and hugged her toy. "Good night...daddy." I stopped and looked at her. I felt my heart warm up and I couldn't stop smiling. 'She considers me as a father.' I thought happily.