Entry No. 6: Rewind

Do you know the story of Icarus?

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Do you know the story of Icarus?

Icarus was the son of Daedalus who was a brilliant and skilled inventor. Due to Daedalus' bad fate, Icarus and him were condemned to live inside a labyrinth for the rest of their lives. Wanting to escape from this misery, Daedalus invented wings made of feather and wax, that would allow them to fly out of the labyrinth.

Daedalus warned Icarus neither to fly too low as the sea could wet his wings nor too high as the sun could melt the wax. Icarus heeded his father's advice at first but as his wings enabled him to fly and take him to places he had never been before, he began ignoring his father's instructions.

As bright as the sun, his newfound prowess and power blinded him. One day, he flew as high as he could aiming to reach the sun. Not too long, the sun humbled him by showing its natural power and dominance. Icarus' curiosity and ignorance led to his downfall.

We were studying Greek Mythology for our English class and I had to make a reflection paper on Icarus. These past few days, I could not concentrate on my acads because of physical and mental exhaustion from our preparation for our upcoming major concert and the pressure from the Second Cherry Pick. Two weeks before the event, we had to rearrange the entire sequence, replace the rejected songs, and re-record some parts based on Big Boss' comments. We had so much to do in just a two-week's time. On our part, we had to learn the new songs and some of them were in Japanese. We also had to memorize the lyrics, the choreography and the blockings. In addition to this, we had to complete the sequence because three days before the concert, some Japanese investors would visit us to watch our concert rehearsals. Aside from the concert preparations, we were also being documented for a documentary film about our idol journey. Some members and trainees were already interviewed and I was just waiting for my schedule.

After the fashion show incident, I became more conscious of the interaction between Lily and Ms. Anya. I felt like I had a moral obligation to keep an eye on Lily and be on the lookout in case of danger. I did not tell anyone about what I saw in the park and at the backstage because I did not want to make a ruckus and it would be a defamation of character if my instinct failed me. Hence, I made this my secret mission - to find out the real motive of Ms. Anya to Lily, and to protect her from harm, just like what a Shield would do to any Cherry.

My secret mission blossomed to an unexpected friendship. It started with me frequently talking to her and sitting beside her during our classes especially if it's our Acting Class. I was not the type to initiate a conversation due to my introvertedness and I felt intimidated by Lily because she was one of the popular ones but my secret mission allowed me to know her better and I discovered that we both had many things in common. We both loved the color white because of its simplicity and purity. We both shared an admiration for Ben&Ben because of their artistry, and our favorite song was Leaves. During tough times, we played this song to remind us that problems and challenges would soon pass and that better days were coming. We treated each other as sisters and we had each other's backs. My closeness to Lily led me to frequent encounters with Ms. Anya as Lily was frequently talking to her whenever we were in the headquarters for our schedules. Lily would always greet Ms. Anya with enthusiasm and adoration. Ms. Anya would respond in return and start small talks that would lead to her engaging stories. It seemed to me that her stories were endless and full of life and drama. One day, we were having a little chit chat with Ms. Anya while waiting for the next class. Lily went to the bathroom so Ms. Anya and I were left in the hallway.

Blue Rabbitsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें