Entry No. 7: Glory Days

The Farewell Party was like a tribute to the leaving members

The Farewell Party was like a tribute to the leaving members. In comparison with the number of audience last Pick, the Shields filled the event venue this time, even crowded. After all, it was the last time they would see the five members as idols. The girls performed our songs for the last time as official Cherry members, and each one of them had their solo performances. The idol life had trained them to professionally conceal their negative emotions with a smile, and so they did even at the last minute of their performances. They managed to be idols all throughout the event until the surprise montages of their memorable and mundane moments as Cherry members followed by video messages of their family, co-members and fans unveiled their humanity and young hearts. They had conditioned their minds for their farewell but their hearts were not ready to leave. Coping with separation is a process and time is the only antidote.

----------

It was our first time being in the same training and classes with the new members. Our mentors instructed us to guide them and treat them like our little sisters even if some of them were older than some of us. The new members treated us like their senpais. They must give us respect because of our professional seniority. Some of them may be older than some of us by age but it did not take away the fact that we were ahead of them in the idol industry. Meeting them was like meeting ourselves when we were starting - full of vibrant energy and openness to learn. They reminded me of the feeling of succeeding in my first step to fulfilling my dream, the times when I said to myself, "I'm finally here. I'm living my dream." Realizing this, it made me want to support them and reach our dreams together.

----------

I was in the room writing in my journal when Amor rushed in and went up to the second floor of our bunk bed. She lay down and covered her head with a pillow suppressing what seemed to be a bout of vexation. After a few seconds, I approached her and asked if she was okay.

"I got into an argument with Elise earlier." Amor sighed as she was recalling what happened.

"Why? What did you argue about?" I wondered what could be the reason for their disagreement when they seemed to be the mature ones in the group.