1・the

・2nd pov

"What a pity, she's only just a teenager..."

"I'm afraid you only have seven days left to live..."

You blinked.

What?

Unlike your usual scenery of spotless, creamy walls ingrained with the scent of medicine along with cold, institutional tile floors. You were met with a foreign setting of tatami mats and shoji panels surrounding your room, incompany with a futon mat behind your seat.

This... this didn't seem like a hospital room.

In pure confusion, you tilted your head at the beautiful lady in front of you, "I'm sorry? May... you repeat that again? I'm a bit lost here..."

The amethyst-eyed woman looked towards you with a sorrowful expression, one that you didn't understand but felt undoubtedly familiar with, "Even with the dose of demon blood I gave you, no matter what I do it seems like you're destined to an eternal slumber, I apologize for not meeting with your qualifications."

Though you were puzzled when she mentioned the word 'demon blood', you flailed your hand as you tried your best to console the stranger, "A- Ah! No, no, you don't have to apologize! Frankly, I feel like I forgot most of the words you said to me before... I'm pretty sure that I'm the one who should apologize instead of you."

The ravenette seemed like she wanted to say something else before getting cut off from the sound of a shoji door getting slammed open, revealing a boy seemingly around your age with bright lavender slitted-eyes and dull green hair dipped in ebony.

Strangely enough, you couldn't help but inwardly chuckle at the fact that he looked just like the cat you would normally paint that'd usually roam around your hospital window with the air of arrogance radiating off the both of them, despite the differences in appearance.

"Lady Tamayo," the boy called, completely ignored your presence, "I heard you are in need of assistance?"

The woman, now finding out that she goes by the name of Tamayo, smiled at the boy softly, "No need, Yushiro. I was just chatting with our patient here, though she already has the effects of demon blood taken into her system, it seems like she won't be able to be saved."

The boy, Yushiro, finally looked back to see you in a deadpan expression, the complete opposite from his face of admiration when it came from Tamayo.

"Oh. Then there's no need for her to stay here, is it?" He remarked sternly, "She can just roam in the outside and survive for her last few days, can't she?"

The older woman began to irk by her assistant's harsh words, regardless of wearing a gentle smile on her face while you were just confused, yet awkwardly calm about the whole situation.

In actuality, you were already used to this.

You heard the same words coming out of your doctor's mouth multiple times, the same faces of your friends and family members that only read the words of 'pity', the nerve racking nights with the echoes of your agonizing bloodied coughs, and the isolation between the fluorescent lit rooms and the natural sun.