4・beautiful

・2nd pov

"Tell me mother, is wanting to live selfish?"

"Can you do me a favor please?"

"Yeah sure," Yushiro mumbled, earning a beaming smile in reponse.

Now, usually he would give a quick answer by saying the simple words 'no' instantaneously, but since he was able to get to know you better he really couldn't find the heart to.

When was he ever this easily soft? He had no darn idea.

"Then can you make time to paint with me, perhaps? I would ask Lady Tamayo, but she seems really busy right now. I mean- not saying that you aren't busy or anything-" you fumbled, "But you did say yes- so I thought it would be nice, you know? Bonding moment with me and my pal!"

"'Your pal'?" He scoffed, "When the hell was I suddenly your pal?"

"Since day one."

He rolled his eyes, "Okay fine, let's start or whatever. Where's your painting supplies?"

"Good question!" You exclaimed, slowly getting the feeling of dread overcoming you, "I actually ran out..."

"Huh? Already!?"

"Sorry..."

Yushiro gulped. For a second, he swore he saw the faint image of puppy ears drooping down in sorrow. Don't misunderstand him, he really wasn't much of a dog person and was more of a cat person since, obviously, Lady Tamayo owned Chachamaru.

But.

The puppy ears.

Oh no.

"Argh, shut up," he cursed, "I don't want a fucking apology, let's just go to Asakusa or something and we can buy another pack of supplies."

"Really?" You gasped, "We can go to Asakusa, again?"

He rolled his eyes, "Duh, it's not like we're locking in you here or anything."

You took a small pause in his words. That's right— you weren't locked, you were free. It wasn't like before where you yearned to touch the grounds of the outside, because now you were able to without the need to beg or wish.

You could just... go.

Getting a lack of response, Yushiro nudged your shoulders, "Come on, let's go."

You nodded, but before you two were able to go out the door, another silhouette walked in revealing Lady Tamayo.

"Ah, is it fine if I may come with the two of you?" Tamayo asked politely, "I was given news that a new presence was going to be there, so I thought it would be more efficient if we all went together."

Yushiro's posture straightened, "Of course, Lady Tamayo."

"Yes, I agree! You should come along with us, Lady Tamayo!"

Just an ordinary night in the town of Asakusa with three ordinary demons roaming around the roads of the city.