3・is

・2nd pov

"It's not everyday you see a calico with a talisman!"

"Have you ever made a thousand paper cranes before, Yushiro?" You asked expectedly, eyeing the boy next to you who was taking a few glances at the front yard's pond.

Completely baffled with whatever you were saying, he scoffed, "A paper crane? Why would I make something as useless as that? Especially a thousand, only idiots would do that."

And the boy was correct, for something as expensive as paper there was no reason for anyone to use that amount to make a thousand paper cranes. But undoubtedly so, you had no idea knowing that you weren't from this period in time.

"But I heard that it's a good deed if you make a thousand paper cranes for someone who's ill," you reasoned playfully, "It's a form for wishing a speedy recovery!"

"Hah? That's dumb as hell," Yushiro retorted, "Whoever made up that superstition is probably a greedy person. Paper is expensive you know? Plus, you're already dying so we don't have anytime for that kind of crap."

"No need to state the obvious!" You chuckled.

Though, it did hurt that what he said was the truth.

He realized his harsh wording and patted your head in sympathy despite you laughing it out, making Yushiro heave a sigh.

"I didn't mean it like that, but there's no way I'm going to make a thousand paper cranes for you."

You sulked.

"Ugh, fine. Maybe just one."

You grinned.

"You're way too easy please," Yushiro mumbled with his hand still at the palm of your head. Despite being here for a mere three days, the boy could already find himself becoming more softer towards you.

A quiet breeze swept by, grazing the locks of your hair across your face as you stared off at the wrinkles of the pond. You took a small glimpse of your appearance by the reflection of water— a dull-skinned girl with [e/c] eyes, following along with [h/c] hair dipped in pure white.

You couldn't help but compare to the fact that you looked just like yourself from your previous life. Well, only if you ignored the pale [s/c] skin, sharpened nails, and ombre white capturing the threads of your hair.

But then again, you kind of forgot how you looked like so there wasn't much to compare.

As you were lost in your thoughts, Yushiro took his time to take a glance of your features.

How your eyes glistened beautifully against the pond's reflection while you stared off at the rippled lily pads, your [h/c] tresses cascading within the colors of your snowy locks, and the kimino given by Lady Tamayo adorning your figure perfectly.

Don't get him wrong, he wasn't observing you because he thought you were pretty. Of course not.

Totally.

Mhm.

Yup.

Why would he? He's vowed to himself multiple times that his eyes will only be set for Lady Tamayo's, despite rejecting his obvious advances. But ever since you shown up in the picture, his haughty attitude didn't fail to change when he started converse with you more and more.