"since it happened, she's cried everyday"

Adam woke with searing pain pulsing through him. He groaned, his rib and face still sore from last night. 

"What did you do to yourself?" Fulton asked, dropping his fork at the image of bruised Adam Banks.

"I didn't do anything. It was Amanda's friends."

"They did that to you?" Connie gasped.

Adam nodded, beginning to pick at the bagel in front of him.

"Why?" Jesse asked.

"She's pissed because I ended things with her."

Charlie and Connie shared a look, both trying to hide their small smiles.

"And how exactly did you do that?" Luis questioned.

"I told her that there is someone else," Adam shrugged.

"So that's it?" 

"That's it," He confirmed.

"I'm impressed, Banks. Not only about that, but also this bandaid job," Charlie laughed, nodding towards the bandages across his cheekbone and forehead.

"That wasn't me," Adam said, slightly shaking his head with a grin.

"It wasn't any of us..." 

"It was Rowan," Adam shrugged again.

"Rowan?" Connie repeated.

"Yeah."

"I thought she hated you," Averman announced, his mouth stuffed with bread.

Adam glared at the oblivious boy. "She does."

"The Iceland game is in a few days," Guy started. "Do you think she's going?"

"She hasn't gone to the past few games. Why would she?"

"Well, it's the championship," Julie reasoned.

"You guys can talk to her about it," Adam told them. "But she's probably got skating stuff anyways. Her competitions are soon too."

"We will definitely talk to her."

"Rowan Pierce! I order you to stop!" Guy Germaine called down the hallway.

She stopped, turned around, and gave him a questioning look. Guy awkwardly smiled at her in return, leaving it up to Charlie to break the weird tension. "Ignore him. Our final game is coming up in a few days -- are you coming?"

"I don't think I'm ready to see him again," She admitted."I want to, believe me, but me being there could mess up so many things."

"Just come. You don't have to talk to him, or even look at him. But we know you helped him last night -- he told us."

"Of course he did," She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"You still love him," Guy stated.

"I don't," Rowan denied.

"If you truly hated him you wouldn't have helped him," Charlie slightly teased.

"What else was I supposed to do?" She questioned with nervous laughter. "I mean, he was bleeding all over!"