18 {beach day}

willows POV:

we were given one day before we had to be back on our a-game. the team decided to go to the beach. the only problem was packing a swim suit completely slipped my mind.

"you can just wear one of mine" connie threw me one off her extra swimsuits.

"no offense connie but your swimsuits are... how do i but this.." i held up the piece of clothing, "... just not me."

"it's not even bad."

"or we could just leave you here while we all go have fun." julie butter in.

"fine. fine." i huffed and made my way to the bathroom to change. as i walked out connie was going through her list of things she needed.

"camera. check. sunscreen. check. sunglasses check. walkman. check. anything else i'm forgetting?" julie and i shook our heads.

"i think we're all set" connie said as there was a knock on the door. "who is it?"

"it's coach come on we're leaving."

"coming" we all grabbed our bags and what ever else we needed and headed to the bus.

when we finally arrived to the beach, before any of us were let off, coach set rules.

1. don't go anywhere without letting coach know
2. if you do go somewhere take someone with you
3. don't take candy from strangers
4. don't drown each other

number 4 was mostly towards dean.

right when he was done the whole team ran off the bus. which was a little hard since all of us tried to run off at the same time.

thankfully the beach wasn't crowded so it wasn't hard to find a spot for the whole team to sit.

dean and fulton didn't bother setting their stuff up they just dropped it and ran to the water.

"dweebs" julie set down her towel and took out her sunscreen.

"you swimming" i turned to my left just in time to see guy pull his shirt off. "wil?" he had a stupid smirk on his face.

"uh yeah." i stuffed my clothes in my bag.

"race ya" he darted away towards the water.

"not fair you got a head start." guy stopped running right as he got ankle deep as if taunting me. "well now you're just being a jerk."

"no, a jerk would do this" he grabbed me by my waist and dragged me towards the water. i tried to wiggle my way out of his arms but it was no use. once we got deep enough he fell into the water back first taking me with him.

"i can't believe you did that" i said when we got back up to the surface. i pulled my hair out of my face. guy stood there laughing, "oh you think this is funny?"

"yeah kinda." i glared at him. "oh come on." he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

i bit back a smile and moved closer to put my hands in the nape of his neck. there was a blush appearing on his face. when guy got distracted looking at my lips i pushed him backwards into the water.

we had been at the beach for almost over an hour. coach, charlie and adam went to get pizza and subway for the team.

julie and connie were in the water for awhile but were now sitting on their towels with jesse and averman. dean was, as per usual, trying to hit on julie. i'm pretty sure dean had stolen someone's boogie board and fulton and guy were taking turns on riding it. the rest were still swimming.

i was sitting by the water in the sand with dwayne helping him build a sandcastle. we dug a moat and everything. right when we finished dwayne jumped up and started flailing his arms everywhere to get the team's attention. i laughed and got up to start looking for shells.

"whatcha lookin for?" i jumped.

"oh my god dude you have to give a girl a warning" guy laughed. "coach get food yet." he shook his head. i groaned, i was starving. "i'm gonna die before the food gets here."

"oh we wouldn't want that" we both laughed and i continued to look for shells.

i found one that was particularly beautiful. it was a white shell with black dots neatly planted in a row.

"ooo look at this one" i held it up in front of guy. he took it from my hands and examined it.

all of a sudden a pair of hands gripped onto my sides. i screamed and jumped into guy. julie was practically on the floor laughing.

"shit jules" julie momentarily stopped laughing and looked at me surprised. then she started laughing again.

"i don't think i ever heard you cuss." i rolled my eyes. "anyways foods here."

i grabbed guys hand and dragged him to where coach was. there was 4 pizzas, subway sandwiches, bags of chips, and a couple sodas.

i pulled guy down to sit next to dwayne and kenny. i grabbed a pizza slice and a sprite.

"can i have one of those?" guy referring to the gummy worms kenny had. kenny nodded and guy reached over me as he dumped them into his hands.

"this has to be the best food i've ever had." i flopped back onto my towel and took a bite of my pizza.

the sun was setting when we arrived to the motel. i was woken up by someone poking my face. i swatted their hand away mumbling.

"come on we're here" they poked me again.

i was about to open my eyes when a bright flash made me squeeze them shut. i groaned as i opened them again.

"she's awake!" i could tell by the voice that it was connie. i wanted to snuggle into whoever i was laying on but that probably would have been weird. but they were so warm.

i sat up rubbing my eyes. i don't remember falling asleep. when i opened my eyes the team was sluggishly getting their stuff and getting off the bus.

i stretched out my arms and turned to see who i was laying on. guy was holding our; well my bags staring at me.

"hello sleeping beauty" i tiredly smiled. when i stood up it hit me. i had been sleeping on guy.

connie was there. oh god and she took the picture.

"what?" he must have seen the panic on my face.

"nothing. just sorry i didn't mean to fall asleep on you" i smoothed my hair down as i got out of the seat.

"it's alright but you where drooling a little" he pointed to the side of my mouth.

"what!?" my hand flew to my mouth. guy was laughing. again.

"you are just a full blown jerk today" i pushed him out the way so i could get off the bus.

1150 words

i tried to make i long as an apology for being away