16 {schoolyard puck}

willow's POV":

when we got the court there was about ten other boys waiting with gear on. we had a standoff moment before a guy standing next to the boy from earlier said something

"my little brother russ here has been telling me that you have been chocking big time." oh so his name is russ.

"your brothers got a big mouth." Goldie, overman, Kenny, and Dwayne looked concerned at what Jesse said.

"he does doesn't he" I laughed quietly. "anyways we thought wed call y'all to see what you got."

russ spoke up "yeah we know to the press and sign autographs." I scoffed.

"we can do more than that." Luis spoke.

"oh yeah? we can teach you to play like the real team USA."

"what would you know about it?" dean snapped back. the other boys just looked at each other.

we were in the middle of playing and it was safe to say that we weren't doing so hot. even dean was getting pushed around which was surprising. I was on the bench yelling with some of the others.

"come on! go go go!" dean got smushed into the fence again. "oooo ouch." the other team got the puck into the trash can and although non of us we're keeping score they probably had more.

"and then you take a few breaths, slug some watering get out there and do it again"

I got traded in with Charlie. Luis got the puck from russ's brother and made it into the trash can. Unfortunately he still can't stop so he crashed into the fence.

Fulton had the puck and shot it but it just bounced off and landed on someones car. "uh oh." the guy threw it back and then Charlie made a goal.

I was on the bench again and guy came and sat down next to me. "so you tired yet?"

"most definitely." I laughed

"yeah you look like it." he looked at me then back at the game.

my jaw dropped "excuse me" I lightly punched his shoulder. he put his hands up in defense. I looked down at my gloves.

kenny had the puck and was jumping over people and going through their legs. he made a goal and russ's brother skated up to him.

it looked like he was about to fight kenny, but stopped. instead he showed kenny what to do if anyone did come up to him like that.

'stick, gloves, shirt.'

it had been awhile and the team bus was here which meant it was time to go. while we were getting in the bus the boys we just played with.

we put our gear on the bus then got into our seats. connie was with luis in the front of the bus. i was in the back getting my walkman out when i felt someone at the end of the seat.

"mind if I sit here" i looked up to see guy. he was pointing to the seat next to me. i moved my backpack and set it on the ground.

"yeah. no I mean, yeah go ahead not that I mind cause I don't mind." i was rambling. "i'm just gonna shut up now."

guy let out a laugh, "is that a yes?" i nodded my head then looked down at my hands. guy let out a cool as he sat down.

it was awkward for awhile. we hadn't talked since last night.

"so umm wanna listen to music?" i held up my headphones and walkman. he nodded. i grabbed my headphones and held one side to my ear and guy held the other to his.

it quickly became less awkward and we spent most of the bus ride with us listening to the song and trying to guess what it was. i won, of course, i knew most of the songs.

646 words