20 {showdown}

willow POV:

"Coach, shouldn't we have our hockey gear on?" The team was gathered by the bench around coach, but like Luis said, we weren't in anything by our hockey skates.

"Guys, this is our last team practice, which means--" Coach started but was interrupted by Averman.

"The return of Captain Blood." Averman said certainly.

Everyone laughed, "No. It means..." Bombay took out a beach ball from behind the bench "Let's have some fun."

The ball was thrown in the air and everyone instantly ran to it.

Goldberg was first to get to it and kicked it up into the air. I landed by by feet and without looking up I kicked it.

I didn't know anyone was standing there till I heard a groan. Kenny has hunched over holding his head.

I covered my mouth with my hands, "oh my god" I skated closer to him as everyone else continued to mess around. "i'm so sorry. are you alright?"

He held up a thumbs up. "yeah i'm fine" he sounded as if the wind got knocked out of him. which I suppose it did.

the blowup ball came rolling towards us as Kenny stood up straight. he quickly bent down to pick up before throwing it at my chest. it didn't hurt of course because he wasn't trying to hurt me. "payback."

"oh yeah? come here." I skated after him as he lunged away opposite from the direction I was going.

Averman kicked the ball once again, this time causing it to roll to a wall of blondes.

"of course their here" I could hear Julie complain. ken and I followed the direction she was looking and sure enough the Iceland team was on the other side of the beach ball.

Stansson picked up the ball and squeezed until it popped. "Playtime is over. We have the ice now." He was trying to be intimidating, but frankly I think everyone; including myself found it annoying how he was always popping up with this bitter attitude. "You and your little rink rats must leave."

"We're right here, Coach."

"The only thing little was your career in the pros." I almost laughed with the rest of the team but connie was standing next to me and took noticed so she jabbed me with and elbow.

guess she didn't find this as amusing.

"Gordon, no, let's go." Miss. McKay, who could skate surprisingly well, began skating away.

"Well, at least I had a shot. I was there." Stansson said trying to egg Bombay on.

"You were a disgrace." Kenny and I gave each other a look of 'this is intense but i'm trying so hard not to laugh'. Coach turned to the team, "All right, team, we're outta here." no moved. "Let's go, I said! Come on!

"Can you still move on the ice?" Coach turned back to Stanton. "Well, please, play a little with me. Show me the famous triple deke your dear daddy taught you. Or was it that old geezer over there?"

uh oh. He shouldn't have insulted Jan.

"Marria." Some blonde chick handed Stansson a stick to which he threw to Bombay.

"Three bar. First one to hit both posts and the crossbar. Have to take it out past the blue line."

"I know the game."

Bombay and Stansson stood on opposite sides of the puck before circling around it. Stansson took it up the ice. our team was cheering on Coach. Stansson was fighting Coach for the puck before he elbowed Coach in the face causing him to fall behind the net.

Stanton hit the right goal post.

Bombay was taking the puck up the ice now with Stansson taunting him. Coach shot and hit the left goal post.

Our team erupted into cheers.

Coach and Stansson were back to fighting over the puck. Bombay eventually won it and hit the right goal post.

"yeah go coach!" I yelled jumping up.

"News flash. That wasn't even my triple deke." Coach said taunting Stanton now.

Coach still had the puck as Stansson lunged at him but missed landing on the ice when he moved out of the way. "One more post and you go home crying. By the way, Stansson, you owe me a beach ball."

Coach was ready to score and most likely win when Stansson slammed his stick into his injured knee prevented him from playing in the leagues. Coach went down hard.

"what the hell was that!" the whole team instantly skated to him helping him up.

"It's all right."

"Get your coach off the ice. We have to practice now." Fulton and dean were obviously planning on attacking Stansson so the team had to push them back.

"Stay back! Back, back, back." it was safe to say that even though we were keeping Fulton and dean back, mostly for their safety, we all would have been fine letting them tear Stansson apart.

797 words

I took PSAT's yesterday and when I say I would rather die than do that again, I mean it.