chapter 16

"I can make it. It's just a hop, skip, and a jump." Kai told himself. He tried to use airjitzu, but the tiles under him fell, making him crawl back.
"But what else comes with a hop, skip, and a jump?" Cole asked.
"You trigger one more trap, I don't know how much more we can take."

"The clue clearly said this is a test a Spinjitzu Master cannot do. So why are we not listening to the clue!?" Jay screamed.
"Trust me, I can make it." Kai turned to the staff.
"Wait. What if it's a trick? What if the reason we can't do it is because we were never meant to reach the staff?" Cole suggested. "What is the first rule of being a ninja?" He asked.
"A ninja never quits." Zane said.
"Exactly, and that's why we can't do it." Cole exclaimed.
"Because a ninja would never give up."

"What are you trying to say? We just quit? Are you insane?" Kai asked.
"This time, trust me." Cole looked down at the dark abyss. And he jumped down.

"Cole!" The others shouted.
"Whoo-hoo! Haha! Come on down and enjoy the ride!" Cole's voice echoed.
"He's alive!" Zane exclaimed. Him and Jay jumped down to join Cole. Kai looked back at the staff and sighed. He jumped too.

Down there, they found a slide!
"Seriously? Try to stay together!" Kai shouted.
"Stay together? I'm just trying to stay in one piece! Aah!" Jay cried.

"Oh, great. Aah!" Kai was flinged in the air and landed on Zane.
"Sorry."

Finally, at the end of the ride, the ninja landed in the third test.
"Is everyone okay?" Zane asked.
"What did we get ourselves into?" Kai sighed.
Jay climbed up the wall to see all the paths.
"Oh, it's a maze! I'm great at mazes!" Jau exclaimed.

Kai looked at his reflection.
"Huh! Whoa!" He was older.
"If my reflection means anything, I'm starting to think we won't be breaking out of this maze any time at all." Kai told the others.
"My reflection. Is that...me?" Zane asked.
"I look older, but our attire is different. I don't believe these reflections reveal our inability to escape, but a mere glimpse of our future selves." Zane informed.
"Misako said 'To move forward, don't look ahead.' Is that what it means?" Cole asked. He looked at a wall.

"Wait a minute, why is it I can't see my reflection? Where is my reflection?" He asked.
"It's probably because you're a Ghost." Kai said.
"Ghosts cast reflections, Kai. He's probably just looking in the wrong place." Zane directed Cole to another wall.
"I am looking at the same place you are." Cole said.

"Hey, guys, guess what. I get an awesome eyepatch!" Jay exclaimed.
"And there's something else..." He gasped. Nya. She's in the reflection with Jay.

"What, Jay? What is so great that you see that I clearly cannot?" Cole semi snapped.

"I end up with Nya." Jay whispered.
"N-nothing. Just an eyepatch." Jay said to the others. Cole walked to another wall.

"Wait a minute, I think I see me." He said as a faint figure approached where Cole was. It wasn't him. He knew when he saw the outline of the Sword of Sanctuary. Cole backed up.

He tapped the others.
"Look." Cole whispered. The others took notice.
"Morro." Kai silently said.
"Okay. Let's breake the wall." Kai said.

"Three... Two... ONE!!" The four ninja ran at the wall and it broke. Neran on the other side jumped back at the sound.

"You have to stop!" Zane cried. Neran drew the sword.
"He's blindfolded?" Jay took notice.
"I don't want to see the future!" Neran shouted. The ninja were surprised because it was Neran's voice and Morro's body.
"Makes you do things to make sure it does or doesn't happen." Neran gripped the sword.