chapter 17

Morro was helped onto the bounty. He was still weak from being overwhelmed and exhausted.

"Morro, you're back." Misako sighed with relief.
"Morro!" Nya exclaimed. The wind ninja closed his eyes and tried to get away from Kai's assistance.
"Woah, come on. You need my help." Kai said.
"You're tired. Just relax."

"Morro."

The ninja looked up. It was Wu. Morro looked to the side. Wu walked up and embraced Morro. Kai backed up to let the father and son be. It was one sided. Morro gently pushed away from Wu's embrace.
"Morro, my so--"

"Please. N-not right now." Morro said, his voice shaking.

"Okay, Morro. We need an explination now." Zane said.
"No briefing of the story." Jay added.
"And no avoiding." Cole finished sternly.
"..." Morro walked to a spot on the deck away from everyone.

"I can give you an explination." The one and only green ninja stepped slowly onto the deck.
"Lloyd! My boy..." Misako sighed, running up to Lloyd.
"Hey, mom." Lloyd said with a soft smile.

"Lloyd." Morro said. Lloyd nodded back and gave smile of sorrow.
"Hi, brother."

"You can explain everything? How?" Cole asked. Lloyd looked at Morro and gently tapped his head near his eyes.
"So? Let's get on with it." Kai said.
"Okay. I can explain it all. With one thing." Lloyd said.

"This." Lloyd pulled out a scroll. Morro flinched.
"The tale of two boys?" The ninja asked.
"Not just a tale. There is something more." Lloyd implied.
"Right, Morro?"
"..." Morro stayed silent.
"It's because of this scroll, actually reading it and two people's memories replaying to me that I understood. Sorry for looking, by the way." Lloyd said.

"First off, linked wisteria connects two who drink the same brew. After our link, Morro and I became like two spirits in one, so Neran was able to possess Morro and keep me unconscious while Morro still moved free." Lloyd started.
"Also with the link, I can hear Morro's thoughts, and as of now, he can hear mine. And when you're possessed, you can usually read the ghost's intentions. Morro chose not to read Neran's thoughts. He relied on trust." Lloyd said.

"I-... I didn't want to." Morro said looking down.
"Because Lloyd and I were connected, he could read Neran's intentions when he possesed me. But he wasn't able to send me the message. I didn't want to invade people's thoughts. Let alone Neran's." Morro confirmed.
"So you knew it all." Kai implied.
"But, why rely on trust? And where's the tale fit in?" Cole asked.

"Two boys spend all of their time together. They get seperated for a long period of time. When they reunite, they changed so much. Yet, they stay so similar." Lloyd explained how the story went.
"The sun will rise and the fall of one will not be caught by the other." Lloyd walked over and pointed to the bottom of the scroll where thr passage was.
"This isn't a simple tale." He said.

"It's a prophecy about Morro."

Everyone's gaze turned to the ninja of wind.
"Morro, you chose not to look into Neran's intentions because of this?" Zane asked. Morro weakly nodded.
"How long have you known that this is your prohpecy?" Kai asked. Morro didn't speak.
"Morro. When did you know?" Wu spoke.
"Since I was a child." Morro said.
"Neran and I spent every day together after I finished training. One day he left, saying he would find my parents, find me. He came back, he used that. He used me."
"But why? Why didn't you look?" Jay asked.

"Because I trusted him! I thought I knew him!" Morro yelled.
"I read that over and over again, in love with how the story unravels!" Morro pointed at the scroll.
"It said that I'd change, it said that we'd change, it said that he'd change! But it said that we'd stay the same! I hoped our relationship would stay the same! It said that he'd stay the same!! And I believed it!"