A Tubular Trip through Time

Cameron was walking (and talking) really fast. "I figured it out," said Cameron. "We don't need to keep coming back to this museum if we don't want to."

"What?" said Melanie. "Cameron, slow down." She was struggling to keep up.

"We can use anything, any museum to get where we need to go," he said.

"Cameron, how are we going to a different museum?" Imhotep said.

"Slow down!" said Melanie.

Just at that moment, Cameron ran face-first into Horatio's chest. "Well, we meet again," Horatio said. Horatio's ruffians moved to grab Melanie and Imhotep. "Now, hand it over."

Cameron wasted no time, and he yelled. "STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!" The crowd in the museum turned to look at him and noticed Horatio and his goons.

A large man in a cowboy hat and a plain shirt walked up. "Now what in the hell do you think you are doing here, buddy?" He pointed at Horatio. "You leave that young'un alone or you're gonna have to answer to me and my crew." Behind him were several other men in Cowboy hats. They must have come to the museum together.

Horatio and his men seemed unsure of what to do, and Cameron took that moment to run. "Come on," he whispered to Melanie as he grabbed her hand and ran toward an exhibit about space travel. There was a plaque about the Challenger mission and the shuttle program. The team joined hands and used the ankh to travel back to a place very familiar, but also very strange.

It was cold. The sidewalks were wet, and a bit icy. A cold wind blew between tall buildings. There were people everywhere. It was crowded, noisy, and busy. Cameron looked up and saw he was surrounded by a forest of skyscrapers.

"You smell something?" he asked Melanie. "Something tasty?"

"Yes, I am hungry, actually," Melanie said. "By the way, I know where we all are, check it out." She pointed at an especially tall building a couple of blocks away. "See that? That's 1 Rockefeller Plaza! We're in New York!"

"Mid-town in particular," a grumpy man said as he passed by. "Now get out of the way."

"Wow, that was really rude!" said Imhotep, who was not a cat, but actually a human, dressed as a cat. He had a black leotard with white parts on his chest, wearing a sparkly jacket that lit up like Christmas decorations. He wore black ballet slippers and a black wig that made him look like he had ears. He also had black, white, and grey makeup on his face. "Can you believe it? I'm a cat person."

"Hey!" Cameron said, smiling. "You look like Mr Mistoffelees from the musical Cats!" (another Cats part! yesss)

"I don't look like him," Imhotep said, taking two steps forward and doing a pirouette. "I AM Mr Mistoffelees!"

"Okay, I am not sure exactly what year it is, but I guess it must be the 1980s," said Cameron. He was wearing a t-shirt, denim jacket, jeans, and Nike Air Jordan shoes. Melanie was wearing a black dress with a colorful splatter paint pattern, hot pink cropped jacket, lacy purple leggings and had a scrunchie in her hair.

"Let's get some pizza."

They found a little pizza shop called "Delfino's". They each got two slices of pizza, but they were too large for them to eat two slices each.

"I cannot tell you how much I love pizza," Imhotep said. "I definitely like being a cat better than being a person, but pizza has to be the best part of being a human being."

"Ain't that the truth!" said an elderly woman sitting at the table just next to them, eating a cheese slice.

"Guys, let's see Times Square! I've always wanted to go!" said Melanie.