Epilogue

Back at the museum, the Egyptian section. They had a dried up mummy and few cat statues and photographs of the drawings the Ancient Egyptians made on walls.

"I thought we would be back home by now," Imhotep said. He had black, long, curly hair and pretty skin, wearing Egyptian robes. Melanie and Cameron were in their regular clothes from where they started.

"Don't worry," Melanie patted him on the shoulder. "We'll get you back-"

"THERE THEY ARE!!" a voice boomed and the trio found Horatio and their goons standing right behind them. They started to run but more goons blocked their way. They were trapped!

They were stuck between two exhibits, with a wall behind them and Horatio in front of them. They didn't have anywhere to go. They were scared. Melanie grabbed Cameron, but Imhotep stepped to the front.

"Hand me the Ankh!" he said, putting his hand out. "Quick, we have no time to lose!"

Cameron handed Imhotep the Ankh just as Horatio got to them. Imhotep put the Ankh in front of his chest with his arms and yelled loudly. "Now you will see the true power of the Ankh of Time! Be gone to your own time, trespassers!" A huge flash of light and swirling blue, purple and pink smoke filled the room. The smoke spun around the room and encircled Horatio and his goons. Everyone in the museum stood in awe watching the wild sight. Melanie and Cameron watched excitedly.

"Baara Tou!" Imhotep said in a final yell and Horatio and the goons completely disappeared in a puff of smoke. The room went back to normal and the crowd looked on in complete bewilderment. Luckily Cameron knew what to do.

He started clapping. "What a great performance! This museum has some really interactive displays. Everyone, give a round of applause for the great Magician Imhotep!"

The crowd started clapping. "Imhotep, if you are going to go back to your time, this is your chance," Melanie said quietly. "In a couple of minutes, museum security will be here."

"Well, for my final performance, I will disappear," Imhotep said loudly, and then just to the siblings, in a low voice. "Good bye, thanks for everything, I won't forget you!" He reached into his pocket. "Here, take this." He handed each of them a small beaded bracelet. "You can remember me by this."

The siblings took the bracelet and hugged Imhotep each. Melanie was tearing up but Cameron started to cry loudly.

"Thank you so much," Imhotep said. "I wouldn't have been able to get home if it weren't for you."

A few more hugs and Imhotep stood in front of the displays.

"If you two ever get back to Ancient Egypt, look me up," he said and zapped away. Imhotep was gone.

Melanie took a deep breath and Cameron wiped away his tears. The two of them stood in silence, staring at the pile of golden glitters where Imhotep stood and the bracelet he had given them. They were just old beads, but since they came from a cat time traveller, it wasn't nothing.

Just then, they heard applause behind them. They whirled around and saw visitors of the museum clapping and cheering. "BRAVO!"

"What a wonderful show," one man close to them said, shaking Melanie's hand. "This museum is quite spectacular indeed."

The two of them smiled awkwardly, trying to hide how sad they really were and bobbed little bows. Just then, Melanie looked at her watch.

"Cam!" she whispered to her brother. "It's 4:04. A museum staff would have the photograph at the Louvre looking for people who look like us."

"Ohhh," Cameron said and the two of them hurried off to the entrance of the museum. There, a staff member was carrying an old, dirty envelope, looking around.

Melanie walked around elegantly and Cameron followed her whistling, both trying to look casual. The staff noticed.

"Hey!" she called and handed Melanie the envelope. "I think this belongs to you?"

"Oh, YES," Melanie said and smiled. "Our great-grandmother told a photographer to give this to us."

"Good day," Cameron said and as the staff walked away, back to her work, they opened the envelope eagerly and took out 4 prints of the same photograph the man took at the Louvre.

"Woah," Cameron said. "These are really old, but they look like they're better quality than the photos printed from cell phones these days."

"Yep," Melanie said. "I wrote down in the man's notebook to make four prints, two for each of us, one for the family and one for Imhotep."

"The Back to the Future mission was successful!" Cameron announced mainly for them but everyone around them heard. He started to sing the Back to the Future theme dramatically with little dance moves.

"Wait, Cam," Melanie said. "Imhotep didn't get his copy."

"Ohh," Cameron stopped dancing and put on his thinking face. "Why don't we put it on top of the glitters in the Egyptian section?"

"Great idea!" The two of them ran back into the museum and placed the photograph onto the pile of glitters. The two of them closed their eyes.

"For Imhotep," Melanie whispered.

They walked out of the museum feeling both sad and good about themselves. They had become the world's youngest time travellers, and had gone through many adventures through different time periods.

"Well, well, WELL," a familiar voice said and the two of them turned and saw Vincent and Victoria with their talking pets. Vincent rubbed his hands together.

"I see the both of you succeeded in your magnificent time-travelling mission," he said, winking.

"Yep," Melanie said. "And look at this!" She showed them the photograph of them at the Louvre in 1900.

"Oh my gosh!" Victoria said. "There's no pyramid! You two are very lucky."

"Thank you for cooperating," Cameron said and the four of them exchanged hugs.

"Can I have your phone number, Vinny-dude?" Cameron asked Vincent, taking out his cell phone. "I want to stay in touch."

"Of course, Cammy-boi," Vincent said. After getting Vincent's phone number, Cameron and Melanie waved goodbye and the four of them parted.

Back home, Melanie put her photograph in a frame in her room and Cameron did the same. They framed the last photograph for their living room.

"Where did you get that photograph?" their mother had asked.

"At the museum gift shop, mommy dearest," Cameron said, although it didn't make sense for the MET to have a photograph from 1900 of the Louvre.

"Hey," their dad said, coming over. "Those kids look just like you two."

"I know, isn't it adorable, daddy-dearest?" Melanie said and Cameron fluttered his eyelashes jokingly. The two of them burst out laughing.

THE END