1

Lorraine, Judy, Drew and Father Gordon all sat in the hospital, waiting for any news about (Y/n) or Ed from a doctor.

Lorraine, who had messy hair, has been crying for her husband and her friend.

Judy, who tried to comfort her mother, was also worried for her father and her sister-figure. 

Drew and Father Gordon patiently waited for the news, but hoped it wasn't anything severe.

Coughing was herd somewhere close to them, but they ignored it. Small steps walked up to them and stoped close to them, but they didn't look up.

"How's Ed?" A raspy voice of (Y/n) asked. All of their heads snapped to the woman next to them. (Y/n) wore bandages on her arms, small blood stains on them, and had dark bags under her eyes. She coughed a raspy cough on her hand and patted herself on the chest to get it all out.

Lorraine and Judy shot out of their seats and pulled the injured woman into a hug. (Y/n) gently patted their backs, calming them down.

"Mrs. Warren." A doctor called. Everyone turned to the doctor and walked up to him.

"He's stabilized. We're gonna transfer him to the coronary unit" The doctor said.

"So, it was a heart attack?" Father Gordon asked.

"Yes, and not a minor one, I'm afraid." The doctor explained.

"Can we see him now?" Judy asked.

"Not yet. We're gonna put a stent into his artery, try to get blood flowing back to his heart." The doctor said.

"So, is he going to be all right?" Lorraine asked in a small whimper.

"We're gonna need to run a few more tests before I'm comfortable answering that. I'm sorry." The doctor said, walking away.

Judy turned to her mother and pulled her into a hug. (Y/n) and Father Gordon patted the girls' shoulders in comfort.

--------------

"It was nice seeing Judy again. Will she be staying long?" Father Gordon asked Lorraine as she held her husband's hand in his hospital room. (Y/n) and Lorraine decided to stay with Ed until he woke up. (Y/n) sat in a chair on the left side of the bed. She slept soundly with her arms crossed.

"I don't know, um, it depends if..." Lorraine said looking at her sleeping husband.

"The nurse says that you two have been sleeping in that chair. Ed would understand if you two went home for a little while." Father Gordon said.

"Did I ever tell you the story of how me and Ed met? Or how we met (Y/n)?" Lorraine asked.

"No, I don't think so. Just that you were young. In high school, wasn't it? But with (Y/n), I don't really know." Father Gordon laughed.

"Yeah, we were 17. I was 38 when I met (Y/n), she was 19." Lorraine laughed.

"When I met Ed, I went out with my girlfriends and... And he was an usher at the movie theater that we went to. Afterwards... We went out for ice cream. He took me out to the park, but then it started to rain. And we stood under the gazebo until it stopped. That was 30 years ago." 

"I could go back to the house, Father, but my home is here with them." Lorraine said.

"But what about (Y/n)?"

"When I was 38 and Ed was 39, we walked down the city, going back to our house, and in an alleyway we heard yelling. Not very nice yelling. Ed and I went to look at the problem and saw a group of 3 boys hitting and kicking a young lady, she was very young. She was on the floor sobbing, covered in cuts and bruises.