2

The judge banged his gavel three times in the quiet courtroom. Arne's lawyer sat next to the boy, slightly shaking in fear.

"Mr. Johnson, the count of indictment number S-A-J-1-2-1-6 which charges you with first-degree murder, a class-A felony, how do you plead?" The judge asked. 

Arne's lawyer sat up and looked at the judge.

"Your Honor, my client pleads not guilty by reason of demonic possession." The lawyers words caused an uncomfortable silence to roam around the courtroom. The Warrens, (L/n) and Arne's girlfriend, Debbie, all sat behind Arne and his lawyer and stared at the judge, who turned towards the cop next to him.

The silence was so quiet the main bell in the town was heard.

----------

"This is ridiculous. I can walk down a flight of stairs." Ed complained as (Y/n) carefully pushed him down a flight of stairs.

"Oh, hush. You souldn't even be out of bed." Lorraine said.

"Don't be a baby about it, you just had a heart attack, but if you want to do it, by all means let's see how that turns out." (Y/n) grumbled.

"(Y/n)." Lorraine said in warning.

"Sorry... You know how I get when something pisses me off... Especially the stupid law." (Y/n) complained.

"Lorraine." Arne's lawyer called. "I just talked to a friend of mine in the prosecutor's office. He's gonna go for the death penalty. I'll build a case, but that kid is gonna either live or die depending on what you three find."

"Well, we won't let him down." Ed said.

"I hope not. Keep me posted." The lawyer said as she walked away.

"So, what now? We've never had to prove a possession after the fact." Ed asked the two women next to him.

"Demons don't just disappear like this, there's something else going on here, something we missed the first time." Lorraine sighed.

"Where do we start?" Ed asked.

"At the beginning." (Y/n) sighed.

-------------

The Warrens and (L/n) were back at the Warrens' house reviewing the tape they took while questioning the family.

"It's July 18th, 1981. This is Ed Warren, here with Lorraine and (Y/n) (L/n)... And Judy Glatzel, Deborah Glatzel, David Glatzel and Arne Johnson. All right let's get started. Who was there when David first started exhibiting this behavior?" Ed's voice said through the tape.

"We all were it was the day we moved in." Judy's voice said through the tape.

----------

"I didn't know what happened. It was like a dream. And nobody believed me when I told them. But that was the first time I saw it." David's voice said through the tape.

----------

"I don't get it. How could he have invited a demon? He was only in here for a few minutes. There wasn't even anything in here." Debbie said, with crossed arms.

"Where was the water bed?" Ed asked, leaning on his cane.

"Where that rug is." Debbie pointed out. "The wood got damaged when the mattress ruptured."