3

"Well, that was a long ride..." (Y/n) commented, stretching her back as she got out of the car. Ed and Lorraine got out of the car as well, already approaching the retired Father Kastner.

'Could've waited for me...'

"Father Kastner." Ed called, as he took off his glasses and smiled at him, as well as Lorraine, gently smiling at him. (Y/n) quickly walked up to the three as Father Kastner slowly looked up at them after feeding his chickens.

"I didn't hear the car drive in." Father Kastner said as he stared at the trio. "Would either of you care for an omelet?" He asked as he motioned for the eggs that he held.

"We had breakfast before we left home." Ed laughed. "I'm Ed Warren, this is my wife Lorraine, and this is our partner (Y/n) (L/n)." Ed said as he extended his hand for the Father to shake.

"I have chicken shit on my hands." (Y/n) snorted and coughed into her fist to cover her laughter.

The Father left to sit on his front porch, the Warrens and (L/n) following in suit, softly chuckling at the situation that happened.

Father Kastner, Ed and Lorraine sat down while (Y/n) stood with crossed arms and leaning on the wall of the house.

(Y/n) handed the Father the folder that held the picture of the curse inside. The Father opened it and looked at it.

"Forget you ever saw this."

"What?" (Y/n) commented.

"You've seen it before?" Lorraine asked politely.

"No.But I've seen ones like it. This is sophisticated. It's a very nasty piece of work." Father Kastner explained.

"But why?" (Y/n) asked.

"David, the little boy who was possessed, he didn't do anything wrong. Why would someone target this family?" Ed added.

"Why? The 'Why' is irrelevant." The Father spat. "The 'Why' is counter to everything that the Satanist stands for. His sole aim is chaos. His nectar is despair."

"But someone had to put it under their house. So, what does this tell you about the person who made it?" Lorraine asked.

The Father paused. "Come with me."

-------------

"Great, why does everything have to be in the basement?" (Y/n) commented as the trio waited on the stairs for Father Kastner to unlock the basement door.

"I don't want to go down there." Lorraine said, frightened.

"What is this?" Ed asked as the Father unlocked the door. 

Father Kestner looked up at them. "It's the reason you're here." He opened the door and turned on the lights. Ed went behind the Father as (Y/n) passed Lorraine gently patting her shoulder in comfort and followed Ed in suit.

Father Kestner put down his hat and went inside, nodding towards the trio to go inside.

"I collected these while I was studying the Disciples of the Ram." The trio went inside. Ed went in with no problem, but Lorraine and (Y/n) stayed cautious. (Y/n) immediately felt like someone was watching her, not Ed not Lorraine, her.

"You should burn all of this." Lorraine said as she looked around.

"I've thought of it. But I felt it was safer to keep them locked. I like taking guns off the street." Father Kastner spoke.

'He's got a point...' (Y/n) thought as she looked at the Warrens, knowing that they do the same thing.

"I don't suppose you have all these books organised using the Dewey Demical System, do you?" Ed asked as he motioned the cursed objects with his cane.