Chapter 1 - Intruder Alert

TW: None

"INTRUDER ALERT, INTRUDER ALERT!"

Everyone turned to Terminus who continued to repeat the alert. The Romans raised their weapons and pointed them back to the group.

"I knew it!" Octavian spoke up, pointing accusingly at Annabeth. "They lied! It's an ambush!"

"Hold your stuffies for a minute, Octavian," Percy intervened, stepping towards Annabeth to hold her hand. Her cheeks slowly turned into a tint of pink, as she started squeezing Percy's hand tighter, while Octavian just scoffed and muttered something under his breath.

"I mean, we're the only ones from the ship. Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Coach, and me," Leo said, pointing to the people as he listed their names before finally pointing to himself. "I don't see how anyone could have got here without facing Big Term, here."

Terminus glared down at Leo who just smiled innocently.

"Leo is telling the truth," Piper stated, walking to the Romans whose weapons were still raised.

"You may lower your weapons now," her charmspeak flowing through the air like a gentle wind. Being the daughter of Aphrodite really did have its perks.

The Romans obliged, a sheepish look spread on everyone's face, except for Reyna who kept quiet.

With no one speaking up, Percy decided to break the silence.

"To wrap this up, I'll bring a group to investigate," Percy announced. "As praetor, I'll lead the party."

"Me and Pipes will go with you," Jason volunteered, smiling towards Piper who blushed and nodded. "It's been... a long time since I've seen the place. It won't hurt to explore and I've been wanting Piper to see everything."

"WHAT?!" Octavian exploded, choking the stuffed panda he had in his arms. Poor panda. "We can't just let them bring whoever they want without our consent! What about democracy? What about-" Octavian was silenced by Reyna who clapped her hands loudly. Everyone turned to her waiting for her next move.

"I have reached a decision for this... predicament," she declared. "I'll agree to this choice that Percy has made and I am sure that everyone is fine with this, right?" 

The crowd of people nodded.

"Good, now, where are my manners," she sighed. "A reunion like this must have worked an appetite for some of us. While our praetors and..." She turned to Piper, observing her. "Friend here, search for the problem, let's have a feast!" 

The crowd cheered in agreement as they started heading towards the mess hall in excitement.

Reyna spun on her heel to face Percy.

"I have my trust in you and Percy, don't let me down."

In response, Percy patted her shoulder. "You know I won't," he said, winking.

Reyna nodded before walking away from the group, while Annabeth stayed behind.

"Are you sure I can't go with you, Seaweed brain?" she asked.

Percy merely smiled holding both of Annabeth's hands. "It's gonna be fine." He leaned near Annabeth's ear and whispered, "Plus, I wanted to show you New Rome, later. It's amazing!"

She nodded, imagining all the architecture she could see with Percy.

 "Alright then, but don't disappear on me again," Annabeth threatened, pointing an accusingly finger at Percy. He raised his hands in defeat, his smile bright.

"Whatever you say, wise girl."

                                                                          ***

Piper's Pov:

As we passed the majestic pearl white statues and architecture around the area, we finally made it to the destination where Terminus directed to. It was a forest, towering above us, near the Pomeranian line, consisting of oak trees with olive- green leaves that shined in the light. My mouth gaped open in amazement as a light breeze rustled the leaves producing a song that almost sounded like a melody. It was truly a peaceful sight.

"Wow..." I muttered. "This is beautiful!"

I turned to face Jason and Percy who both had a different look on their faces from me. They were shocked and confused.

I reached over to put a hand on Jason's shoulder in an effort to comfort him. "Is there something wrong?"

Jason shook his head. "It's not that, it's just..." Jason stuttered on his words, looking for a word to describe what he's thinking.

"It's amazing, I'll admit it, but in my days of praetor in the past, I've never seen a forest like this."

Percy walked up to a nearby tree and knocked on it while whistling. "I agree with Jason. When I was toured by Hazel and Frank I've never seen a forest like this and I'm pretty sure it wasn't here yesterday either."

I concluded that Hazel and Frank were the two Romans with Percy when we first met.

Percy turned to face Jason, "Forests like this don't grow overnight, right?"

Jason merely shook his head as he continued to talk to Percy. While they were distracted, I cautiously approached the forest, brushing away any branches and bushes blocking, and realized that there was a small clearing in the middle of it. As I squinted my eyes, there was a group with two monsters and... a kid?

"Guys, over here!" I motioned towards the clearing where the monsters were, unintentionally using charmspeak. Percy and Jason both immediately stopped chatting and went to stand beside me. They then focused on where I was pointing and their eyes widened. 

"Look!" Percy said, pointing to a tall black and white humanoid-like monster and a floating green figure. "They must be the intruders Terminus was talking about."

"That blond kid looks like a roman but why isn't he attacking?" Jason questioned.

I agreed with Jason. The boy was just talking with both of the monsters, neither of the monsters nor the boy were attacking each other. 

"We should get rid of them, we can't let them invade New Rome after we just arrived. No one will trust us afterward when they find out we let monsters inside."

"I agree with Piper," Percy said, pulling out... a ballpoint pen?

As I was about to question it, he clicked the pen and it transformed into a sword. I flinched and he just snickered at my reaction. Jason withdrew his golden sword and I pulled my dagger that I found at Camp Half-Blood.

"Okay, let's-"

But I stopped halfway through my words when I turned back to look at the monsters.

Jason tilted his head and went to look back at the clearing. "Pipes? What's wrong-"

Jason then realized it as well. There were three of them when I found them. But only two of them remained. The green figure disappeared.

Thanks for reading this chapter! I would appreciate it if you vote for this. Feel free to follow me as well. You may also comment ideas for future chapters and I might consider using them. (Of course crediting you lot.) Anyways hope you have a pog day!

Written on 6/13/21

Words: 1130