turtleneck: cassie howard

cassie loved many things about one of the new girls, y/n vaghn.

the first was she loved to dance.

 day one of school was tryouts for dance and cheer and along with the regulars (alumn from last year, starry-eyed freshman, ect.), in comes y/n in her glory, stealing everyone's breath away.

she went last (for coming into tryouts last, a stupid petty rule made by maddy) and shocked everyone with a hot-and-heavy song, winning even maddy over.

the second was she loved fashion.

it was no secret the vaughns were a bit crazy. jules at mckay's party was a remembrance for everyone and y/n sitting with maddy and cassie by day two was unheard of by anyone.

another thing was the amount of copycats trying to knock y/n's style down. she shocked everyone in a corset top and cargo pants by punching one of cassie's school stalkers and knocking him out (earning more of cassie's heart).

the next week, many freshman were wearing corset tops and sophomores wearing cargo pants. cassie herself bought a baby pink one, but hadn't worn it yet.

the third was she loved to shock people.

by the first month, y/n was a style icon and and resident slut (a term maddy used playfully a lot).

the halloween party was everything to the girls, getting to dress up and fuck everyone up (not that these girls weren't already fucked up.)

y/n showed up at the howard house, greeted by their tipsy mother. cassie had curlers in her hair and was struggling to do her makeup when she entered. 

the carnival really fucked her up. she really thought her and mckay were going to make it in the long run.

y/n sat next to her in a braided crown with wispy curls resting on her forehead. her face was bare, planning on getting ready at the howards. 

cassie rested her head on the girl's shoulder, sniffling, "he's such a piece of shit."

y/n took her hand and squeezed it before taking the makeup brush from her hand and turned to face cassie. cassie turned to face her as well as she placed the brush down and took out two face mask formulas from cassie's stash. 

cassie smiled while the girl smeared it on her face with her mask brush. she gave her the other face mask and cassie reciprocated the same thing y/n did. 

when she was done, y/n gave her a little peck on her lips, "you'll feel better eventually. let's just pretend we are tonight."

she got up to help lexi, leaving cassie thoroughly shocked.

the fourth was that she was an open book

she and y/n were sitting on the edge of a bed in one of the rooms of the house, both girls conflicted.

"my partners," y/n started slowly, shocking cassie. yes, she talked about her past hookups like no tomorrow, but she never talked about any relationships, "my partners would really like you."

"you're dating?" cassie's mouth felt dry, "but- you've been-"

she smiled, "we're some of the most open people you'll ever meet. yes, we love each other. but we also love other people, even if it's for a night or for a month. we'd want us to try anything without any boundaries."

"how many partners do you have?"

she smiled, "two. dakota and kelsey." she turned to her, "you'd like them."

the fifth was that she loved her back

cassie was curled up against y/n, her head on her bare breast, watching julia roberts movies as the sun rose and cassie's phone alarm went of, making cassie whine, "i don't want to go to school."

y/n kissed her head and got up, "you wanted movie night," and got up slowly, putting her almost bare body on cassie's display, "could I borrow some clothes?"

"yeah, of course," cassie got up as well and slowly walked to her and wrapped her arms around her bare torso and started kissing her neck.

y/n was unfazed and looked through the hangers of clothes as cassie kissed down to her shoulder. she took out the pink corset top that made cassie smile and kiss her neck again.

"no turtleneck?" she giggled as she bit her shoulder. y/n turned around and kissed her slowly, "i love you. you love me," cassie smiled, "i don't care. you should no that by now."

"of course i do." she kissed her neck where many hickeys lay from the last few hours, "so no turtleneck for the both of us then."

y/n smiled widely and kissed behind her ear as she went to the bathroom to freshen up and dress.

she loved her back.