cinderella ii : maddy perez

maddy couldn't breathe. she suffocated herself with her blankets and only looked at the ceiling above her for the next thirty-one hours after y/n's disappearance. 

her emotions were absolutely drained and didn't move an inch. her bloodshot eyes were trained on a certain spot on the wall, though her peripheral view could see the many photos laying on her nightstand. the tulle of her canopy grazed across her cheek, making it tingle and wanting to itch it. she still didn't move.

her eyes finally drifted to her nightstand where all the godforsaken pictures were, and finally making her move. she unbundled herself and wrapped her blanket loosely around her body, placing some on her head, making herself into a soft blanketed burrito.

she grabbed a photo of y/n she took in a pretty grey dress she saw. maddy had gotten one for herself as well, but never wore it. she could see it in her open wardrobe now. maddy took it to commemorate her friend's first date out of the closet. 

i can't talk to her anymore in fear of what you did. 

that's what the note said on top of y/n's now tattered grey dress. what did nate do? yeah, he could be an asshole at times, but he wouldn't go as far as his sister. 

...would he?

the next photo was from the homecoming game, maddy in her cheer uniform, y/n in one of maddy's bodycon dresses, her on y/n's back. she smiled and touched the glass before placing it down. 

she reached for the next before stopping. she couldn't see and her eyes were itchy as fuck. she rubbed it as her first surprising tear fell onto her cheek. the ones that came after weren't as surprising.

a loud and ugly sob ripped through her body. what the fuck did nate do?!

more jarring sobs hurt her fragile body, making her bend and hug her aching bones. everything stung and bled and hurt. 

her phone pinged for the millionth time, hidden in her covers. for the first time in thirty-one hours, she picked it up and scrolled through her one hundred plus texts, hoping one would be from y/n, her junebug. 

most were from nate, some from cassie and kat and bb, and none from y/n. 

she unlocked her phone, opening to her messages.

from- junebug <3

i love you

another ugly sob

to- junebug <3

<3

a stupid heart. a stupid fucking heart icon. no i love you too?! what was wrong with her? it didn't matter. the bubble was green. she must've blocked her number for her safety. 

from- nate 

babe

babe, are you at home?

where are you?

where's y/n?

where the fuck is y/n?

if you know where she is, could you tell me? 

maddy

maddy, babe, please pick up the phone

please, i need to know where she is.

and many more she didn't want to read.