(Y/N POV 7 months later)

It's been 7 months since the first day in the maze.  1 year in the glade total. It doesn't even seem that long. There are 7 new greenies, George, Clint, Frypan (who we call Fry), Winston, Jeff, and our newest greenie Billy. 

I've become a runner along with George, Ben, and Minho. Alby is our leader, which should be obvious considering he was the first here, Newt took the place of Second in Command. That means whenever Alby's not here Newt's in charge. When Newt isn't working as Second in Command, he works with Zart in the gardens. 

Today it was Minho and I in the maze. For some reason Newt didn't want me to become a runner, but with much much convincing he finally agreed. We've been exploring the maze for 7 months. And in 7 months we've found nothing. 

"Y/n? I think you should tell him."

"Tell who what?" I was so confused by what Minho just said to me, I swear you could see my facial expression from the moon. 

"You know who and you know what."

"If I knew who and knew what, I wouldn't have asked. Besides if this has anything to do with what I said 7 months ago... never going to happen."

"HA! You didn't know what I meant!" He chuckled as he ran slightly ahead. Obnoxious. Never the less, he is Minho and that's what he does best. Being obnoxious. Despite Minho being quite taller than me, I have been able to keep up with him. George and Ben have been going together in the maze. They've had as much luck as we have. Which is none. And that's not good. 

"Minho, what's the time?" Since Minho is the keeper of the runners (the leader) he's the one who gets a watch. I think George carries the watch for him and Ben. 

"It's-- Oh god. We have to start going back." We turn around and start running as fast as we can the way we came.

"MINHO, WHAT TIME IS IT!" I say as loud as I can. Running and loosing all my breath is not helping. Besides, he hasn't even answered my question. 

"It's 5:57! We have to hurry!" (A/N: I don't remember what times the doors open and close, so for the sake of this story the doors will open at 6 AM and Close at 6 PM or 6 and 18).

We run. We run as fast as we can. I can feel the Brun on my face from the wind. I feel my body jolt every time I take a step. Slowly I start to not be able to feel my feet, then my legs, now my arms. I see the doors. They are mere feet from each other. Minho and I just make it through, the end of my shoe barely making it through the doors as the huge concrete walls slam shut. 

Even though we are both in very good shape, we both collapse to the floor. Exhausted. Exhausted from runner yards, yards, and many more yards in a matter of 3 minutes. Laying on the grass makes me start to itch, so against my will I stand up. 

"Come on Minho, let's go map what we saw." 

We start walking when I hear the chatter behind us. "What happened?" "Why are they back so late?" "Did they get hurt?" "They're never this late." I ignore them as we make our way to the table with the giant map fo the maze. We place the new walls and openings when Alby and Newt walk in. 

"Y/n, Minho, what happened out there?" 

Minho and I share a glade for a quick second, as if asking each other if we should tell them. "Grievers. There was only one, but we still managed to barely get away."

"You know, escaping a griever once is amazing and all... but twice? Nah man. I'd rather be here in the glade doing... well... doing whatever the shuck you guys do."

"Good that."

"Anyways, Y/n? Can I talk to you?" 

"Sure Alby." We excuse ourselves from the room and start walking towards the homestead. 

"So, Alby, what did you want to talk about?"

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to help Newt with the second in command tasks?"

"Me? As in me, me? Why?"

"Well you are the 3rd in the glade and I don't know if you can tell but Newt's been getting a little stressed lately. I think you helping him will lift some of it." Come to think of it, Newt didn't even welcome be back to the glade. Maybe the stress really is getting to him. 

"I-I would love to!"

"Great! See you in the morning." 

"Night!" Alby left me there. In the middle of the glade, standing in complete shock at what just happened. Would that mean I don't run anymore? No he said to help with some tasks. At least I can still run.

I head back to the map table, back to where Newt and Minho are, and say goodnight. On my way back I hear footsteps behind me. I felt a hand grab my wrist and turn me around. I turned around so fast that I may have even gotten whiplash. I turned around face to face with Newt. Centimeters from his face. I could feel each breath he took and the warmth radiating from his skin. 

"Y/n... Welcome back."

"...Thanks." We just stood there, staring each other in the eyes, neither of us wanting to break the eye contact. Then it just happened, his eyes flickered down my lips then back up to my eyes as if asking permission. We both leaned in...

A/N: AHHHH SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER!! And sorry that it was updated late. I had a late game (which we won might I add). Thank you all so very very much for reading this story. You have absolutely no idea how much it means. I know that is a very cliché line, but it is true.

I have a lot in store for these characters, so be sure to read all the way through so you don't miss anything!