Chapter 10

We were walking on the outer skirts of the maze. Close to the walls. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I wanted to ask you something."

I had a feeling about what he meant. Minho. He knew what he was doing. "Look if this is about-"

He didn't let me finish. He just said it, "Did you mean it?" 

"Yeah. I, I did."

He looked at me with his eyes wide as if he couldn't believe what I had just said. "Really?! Because if you joking with me, now is NOT the right shucking time..." He kept rambling on and on and on so, to shut him up, I kissed him. 

"Yes. I mean it." I said walking away back to the fire. Without turning back I could feel the blush on his cheeks, the way he was staring at my back, even the way his mouth hung open the slightest bit. 

When I sat down next to Minho he could tell something was up. "What'd you do?" he asked.

"Nothing."

"Come on you can't hide this from me. I know you did something."

"Fine. You know how Newt wanted to talk to me?" before letting him answer I continue, "He asked me if what I said was true. You know what you practically made me shout."

"Yeah. And what did you say?"

"I told him it was true."

"YES!! Bow down Y/n! You're talking to the king of matchmaking!"

"I would hardly say you are the king. You've only made one match. And I wouldn't even call it that. I just told him it was true and then walked over here." I pointed to wear Newt was still frozen in place. Utterly confused as to what happen 3 minutes ago. 

"Wait, you just left him after telling him that you do like him?"

"Uhh.. yeah?"

Shaking his head, he walks over to where Newt is. I could see them talking but couldn't hear it. I'm sure they'll tell me later. 

Thinking about what happened today, I start to head back to my hut. 

(Newt POV)

I couldn't believe what Y/n just said to me. She likes me? Out of, what, 50 guys here she likes me. I was stuck in place. Couldn't move an inch, when Minho came over. 

"Wow dude. Congratulations, even-though-she-just-said-it-was-true-and-you-guys-aren't-dating-yet. With," he pauses to clear his throat for recognition, "my help!" He said in a slurred and fast tone. 

"Yeah... totally. Total king of match making. Even-though-we-are-probably-the-only-people-you-did-this-to." I said. Copying his tone. 

Minho, not hearing the sarcastic tone in my voice, said, "I know right! That's what I said to Y/n."

Shaking my head, I head over to the other boys by the fire. I looked around for Y/n but, I couldn't find her. In the corner of my eye, I see her walking back to her hut. I guess I was staring because Minho snuck app behind me and said, "Got a staring problem, mate?" I could hear him deliberately trying to copy my accent. I always wondered why I was the only one who spoke different. 

Anyways, I ignore what Minho said and walk over to Y/n's hut. I knock on the door and hear her say, "Come in."

"Hey Y/n."

"Oh. Hey Newt. Did you need something?"

"Yeah. I wanted to ask," Do I really want to do this? Should I? Will it work out? Okay. Yeah it will. Just ask her mate. "if you may, maybe, want to-"

Before I even get to finish my sentence she says, "Yes Newt. I would love to be your girlfriend."

How did she even know what I was going to say? Satisfied with her answer I go back to my room and go to sleep.