Chapter 27

Harry-

She's frustrating. Infuriating. Fucking impossible.

I knew I was rushing it. I'm not a complete tosser. But I can't fucking help it.

I love her.

I've spent four years without her. I don't want to spend another minute.

When I get down to the Café I see Sasha behind the counter. She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Don't start."

Sasha rolls her eyes. "You proposed already?"

Oh god. "I haven't completely lost the plot." I run my fingers through my hair. "I didn't propose." Not yet.

"Give her a minute to breathe H. She just got back... Don't jump the gun and scare her away. She's like a bunny rabbit right now, and you're the wolf. You have to be gentle about it or you're going to spook her."

Sash was right. I know she is. But I haven't had sex in over two years. I haven't seen Willow in four. This is fucking difficult. "I hear you."

I order breakfast. Wait while Sasha puts in the order. I wander around the bookstore.

I manage to calm myself down completely by the time I'm walking back up the stairs to her apartment.

By the time I get back into her bedroom she's fallen back asleep.

I lean against the doorframe my eyes scanning her sleeping form. Memorizing. Cataloging. Soaking her in.

"Baby..." I kneel down on the bed and brush my lips over her cheek. "I have food."

Willow peaks open an eye. "What did you get me?"

"Fish tacos, shrimp nachos, and a sushi  burrito."

She sits up and smiles at me. "You really are trying to get your dick wet."

Fucking hell. I'd just gotten myself calmed the fuck down and now I'm a fucking rocket all over again. "Fucking killing me."

Watching her eat has me so hard I could cut fucking granite. 

She takes a sip of her horchata and pushes the empty containers away from herself. "I didn't realize how fucking hungry I was. I hadn't eaten in two days."

My eyes narrow, but I'm not stupid enough to comment on anything. She'd been traveling, and then I barged back into her life yesterday.

She notices the look on my face and gives me a sad smile. "Some things haven't changed..."

I know what she means. She means I'm still protective. Still looking out for her. That I still want to take care of her.

That's what I want more than anything.

I want to be her everything.

"Don't look at me like that."

"Like what, baby?"

I see the shiver pass through her body. She's not immune.

Instead of answering she kicks the blankets away from herself and rolls out of the bed. "Don't call me that either."

Two steps forward one step back. Fucking damn it. "Don't shut down on me now Sweetness."

Another shiver. "Don't call me that either."

I'm getting to her. "Tell you what... How about I let you get ready for your party. I can come and pick you up..."

She shakes her head. "Nico, Dom, Sasha, and Nina are coming over... We're taking an Uber..."

She's not going to make this easy on me. I fucking know she's not.

"Alright, love. I'll see you later yeah?"

I'm halfway to the door when she calls my name. "Harry..."

When I look back at her standing in the doorway my shirt swallowing her, the image almost buckles my knees.

"Do you have any openings in your schedule? It's been a minute since I've gotten a tattoo..."

Fucking hell. "Trying to kill me." I mutter. "Yeah, love. I always have time for you. Just stop by the shop whenever and I'll make it work."

---

Will-

Nina, Nico, Dom, and Sasha showed up about an hour after Harry left.

My emotions are all over the fucking place. Having my four best friends here is something I needed. So desperately.

"You bloody cunt." Dom saunters in and pulls me into his arms. "You fucking bitch."  His blue eyes fill with tears. "You absolute wench. I missed you so fucking much."

I feel my own eyes start to get watery. "I missed you too..."

Nico shoves Dom to the side and wraps me in his arms. "God damn your tits got bigger."

A loud laugh spills from my lips. "Nico you perv."

"Get your ass over here." Sasha demands.

Hugging Sasha is when the dam finally breaks. We both fucking lose it. Sobbing, and carrying on like we've had too much tequila and found our boyfriends cuddling with someone else.

"Fuck your stupid ass." Sasha sobs. "I missed you so much."

"Okay enough tears..." Dom claps his hands together. "Let's get fucking ready."

I lean back and wipe my eyes as Nina bumps me with her hip. "Still pissed?"

"No..." I kiss her cheek. "I have nothing to wear."

Nico grins. "Oh we went shopping for you babe." He grabs a handful of garmet bags. "You ready to make that dumb ass regret the day he let you go?"

I can't help but laugh. But in all reality... I don't want Harry to be sad. I don't want him to regret anything. I care about him. I want him to be happy.

"Nico you dick fuck. He already does." Nina slaps her twin brother on the back of the head.

My eyes snap to Nina's. Her mouth is a thin line. I know what I'm about to ask isn't fair. I know it's not.

But I'm going to ask anyway. Because I need to know.

"Is he... Was he... Does he have someone?"

Dom snorts. Sasha and Nina both glare at him. 

Nico wraps his arms around my shoulders. "Babe... You sure you want to hear this?"

No. "Yes."

"He was a man slut for the first six months. Banged anyone that looked different than you... I was worried his dick might fall off." Nico frowns.

"This isn't our business!" Sasha sighs.

"Fuck that. Will is our business." Dom snaps back at her. "She deserves to know."

"You have a boyfriend." Nina reminds.

"I don't... We broke up."

"Ah hell. Here we go." Sasha throws her hands up in the air. "I swear to christ you better make him work for that ass this time mama."

"He always worked for it." I don't mean to snap. But my emotions are fried.

"He did... He treated you like a fucking queen." Nina sighs. Leaning against the wall. "He hasn't been with anyone in years Will."

My mouth drops open. "What?"

"They try... Fuck do they try... Hell I've made a pass at him." Nico sighs. Dom elbows him. "He's been celibate for over three years."

"Ohmigod."

Why... Why would he do that?

I look at my best friends. "Let's do this shit."

I plan on cornering him and finding the fuck out.