1

A room was beautifully decorated with dim lights, aroma candles, fragrant flowers and a lampshade. The candles and flowers were elegant and were making the room colourful, delightful and fragrant. A young girl in her late twenties was sitting on a king size bed decorated with fragrant red rose petals and was waiting for her husband. She was looking breathtakingly beautiful in her red plus pink combo lehenga with matching jewelleries. She had put veil over her face.

"Kavinji achchhe insaan hain...Badon ka aadar karte hain...Chhoton se sneh karte hain...Aur shayad mujhe pasand bhi karte hain, isliye unhone mujhse shaadi ki hai...Lekin mujhe nahin pata mere dil mein unke liye kya feelings hain...Aaj hamari first night hai, agar wo mere saath zabardasti karenge to..."...She thought nervously, fidgeting with the core of her pink dupatta.

Meanwhile Kavin entered inside the room and closed the door behind him. The girl came out of her thoughts as she heard the closing sound of the door. She became nervous as she realised him walking towards her. Kavin sat on the bed beside her and looked up at her. He slowly brought his hands towards her veil and lifted it up.

"Purvi...Ghabraiye mat...Main aapke saath kuchh nahin karoonga"...He said softly with a smile as he saw her eyes closed in nervousness.

A faint smile crept over Purvi's lips as she heard him.

"Aap apni aankhen khol sakti hain...Main itna bhi bura nahin dikhta"...Kavin said and chuckled a bit as he noticed that her eyes were still closed.

Purvi opened her eyes slowly and looked at him. She gasped and lowered her gaze as she saw him smiling at her.

"Jaaiye aap apne kapde badal lijiye...Phir aakar so jaaiyega, raat kaafi ho gayi hai"...Kavin said softly and helped her in getting down from the bed in her heavy lehenga.

Purvi looked up at him for a while and smiled softly. Then she went into bathroom to change her clothes. She came back after sometime wearing her night gown. She looked at Kavin and noticed that he too had changed into his night suit.

"Purvi...Aap mere saath yahan bed par so sakti hain...Main aapko kuchh nahin karoonga"...Kavin said politely as he noticed her arranging bed for herself on the floor.

Purvi: Nahin Kavinji...Main...Mujhe...

"Aap meri patni hain Purvi...Agar aap neeche soyengi to mujhe bilkul achchha nahin lagega"...Kavin said genuinely after interrupting her.

Purvi looked up at him as his words reached her ears. She took her pillow and went beside him on the bed without thinking anything further. Kavin smiled warmly as she laid beside him. After a couple of seconds he too laid on the bed maintaining some distance from her.

"Kavinji kitne achchhe hain...Pata nahin main kya kya soch rahi thi inke baare mein"...Purvi mumbled to herself, looking at him as he closed his eyes to sleep.

"It's obvious Purvi...Kisi ajnabee par yakeen karna aasan nahin hota"...Kavin said as he heard her. His eyes were still closed.

Purvi slapped her forehead and bit her tongue as she realised that her voice was not too low that he couldn't hear.

"Nahin nahin Kavinji...Ab aap ajnabee nahin hain...Aap...Aap to mere...Aap mere..."...She spoke and stopped in the middle of her sentence, looking at Kavin in shyness.

Kavin opened his eyes and turned his head towards her to meet her gaze.

"Main aapka...Main aapka kya?...Aap kya kehna chahti hain Purvi?"...He asked innocently though he was fully aware of what she was trying to say but still he wanted to hear that from her mouth.

Purvi lowered her gaze and smiled shyly.

"Aap...Aap mere...Aap mere pati hain"...She replied shyly.

And within seconds she immediately changed side on the bed without looking up at Kavin. She covered her face with her palms in shyness as she felt her racing heartbeats. Kavin smiled looking at her back.

"Purvi...Let's fall in love first, then we'll get to the next step"...He whispered softly in her right ear and laid back on his place.

Purvi removed her plams from her face as she heard his words. She slowly turned towards his side and looked at him, he was lying on his place with his eyes closed.

"So jaaiye Purvi...Good night"...Kavin said to her with a smile without opening his eyes as he realised that she was looking at him.

"Good night Kavinji"...Purvi mumbled shyly and closed her eyes to sleep.

Kavin and Purvi both went sound to sleep due to the exhausting marriage functions. They were sleeping peacefully facing each other but still there was some distance in between them.

It was midnight. Purvi's sleep got disturbed as she felt that she was out of the blanket.

"Nishi di...Leave the blanket na"...She murmured in a sleepy voice and pulled the blanket from Kavin thinking him to be her elder sister. Currently she was not in her senses to realise that now she was married and was in Kavin's house.

Kavin stirred in his sleep as she pulled the blanket from him. He opened his eyes slowly and couldn't help smiling at the scene - Purvi was sleeping peacefully rolling herself in the blanket. He caressed her hairs and carefully covered her and himself with the blanket without disturbing her sleep.

"Diii"...Purvi murmured smiling in her sleep and hugged him thinking him to be Nishi.

Kavin was taken aback with her sudden act. But within a couple of seconds he realised that she had the habit of hugging the person who used to sleep beside her, and that's why she was denying earlier to sleep beside him on the bed. He looked at her while she was sleeping peacefully hugging him close. He neither hugged her back nor he separated her from him, he remained like that only because he didn't want to disturb her sleep. He too fell asleep looking at her.

Kavin and Purvi got married today only - it's an arranged marriage. A common family friend brought the proposal - photos got exchanged, families met and they liked each other. They have met only once before their marriage and that day was their engagement day. Now Purvi had shifted from Delhi (her parents' home) to Mumbai to live with Kavin.

*****

Author's Note: Hey dear readers! Here's a new romance narrative on Kavin and Purvi based on the theme of love after arranged marriage. I sincerely hope that you all will like it and will shower upon your genuine remarks.

Heartbeat_skipper_31, hope your special day brings you all that your heart desires! Here's wishing you a day full of pleasant surprises! Happy birthday dear!