2

Next morning, Kavin woke up from a deep sleep due to the sound of an alarm. He wriggled his arm free and slapped at his bedside table, searching for the clock, he shut it off as he found it there. Suddenly his gaze fell on Purvi who was still sleeping peacefully hugging him close. Unknowingly a smile crept over his lips after seeing her, but his smile faded within a couple of seconds when he noticed that she was getting disturbed by the sunlight entering inside the room through the window. He looked at her and then at the window of the room. He tried to get up from the bed to pull the curtains but he couldn't as she had hugged him tightly. He slowly removed her arm from his waist and got down from the bed. He pulled the curtains of the room and smiled looking at her as now she was sleeping peacefully. After a while he went to get freshen up.

After sometime Purvi woke up too as she heard the alarm in her cell phone. She shut it off and realised where she was. She looked across the bed and then at a wall clock of the room.

"Kavinji itni subah subah kahan chale gaye"...She murmured to herself, looking at the wall clock which showed 7 AM.

Suddenly she heard opening sound of the bathroom door.

"Aap itni subah subah naha bhi chuke hain!"...She asked Kavin in surprise as she saw him clad only in a plain white t-shirt and a dark blue towel.

"Haan...Mujhe itni subah subah hi nahane ki aadat hai...Waise good morning"...Kavin said to her with a warm smile, drying his hairs with another towel while standing in front of a mirror.

"Good morning"...Purvi greeted back with a warm smile.

"Achchha jaaiye aap bhi jaldi se naha lijiye"...Kavin said to her, combing his half wet hairs.

"Nahana...Itni subah subah..."...Purvi murmured to herself and sighed.

She got down from the bed and went to get freshen up before glancing at Kavin. Actually she had the habit of waking up late and taking bath in the noon. And as she was the youngest among her siblings and cousins, she was loved and pampered by all the family members, and so she expected the same from Kavin and his family. Kavin was also trying his best to make her comfortable with him.

"What's this?"...Kavin whispered to himself in confusion when he noticed something on the right side of his neck.

He blushed deeply when he realised that it was Purvi's lipstick mark - last night Purvi's lips accidentally alighted on his neck when she was sleeping while hugging him close. Suddenly his cell phone rang, he glanced at the caller ID and smiled.

"Jee maa boliye?"...He said after picking up the call.

"Kaise ho Kavin?...Purvi kaisi hai?"...His mother asked from the other side.

"Hum dono achchhe hain maa"...Kavin replied with a warm smile, looking at his and Purvi's marriage photograph.

"Beta agar tumhara kaam zaroori nahin hota to main tumhe aur Purvi ko kabhi akele Mumbai nahin jaane deti"...His mother said sadly from the other side.

"Maa...Family ke saath saath kaam bhi bahut zaroori hai, agar kaam nahin hoga to family kaise chalegi...Aur aap udaas mat hoiye, main aur Purvi bahut jald Kolkata aayenge"...Kavin said to her softly.

"Theek hai beta...Lekin abhi nayi nayi shaadi hui hai tumhari, kaam ke chakkar mein kahin Purvi ko mat bhool jaana"...His mother said to him softly.

Kavin glanced at Purvi in their marriage photograph listening to her.

"Beta wo apna sab kuchh chhodkar tumhare saath aayi hai wo bhi sirf tumhare liye...Uske liye abhi sab kuchh naya hai...Naye log, naya rishta, naya ghar, naya shehar, naya mahaul...Use ye sab apnane mein thoda sa waqt lag sakta hai...Tum use kabhi bhi akelapan mehsoos mat hone dena...Jab bhi use tumhari zaroorat ho tab tum uske saath rehna...Use hamesha khush rakhne ki koshish karna"...His mother added further.