Interrupted

I woke up to my phone ringing from the kitchen. My body was sore and I felt dirty. I reached for the switch on my lamp and turned it on then rubbed my eyes. I remembered what had happen earlier and thought in my head how I got here.

"Oh my gosh he probably had to carry me in here" I whispered to myself "that's so embarrassing". I got up and hurried into the kitchen and answered the phone.

"Hello" I said then I heard Lorraines voice on the other end "hey Madeline it's Lorraine did you get home ok sorry I'm calling so late"

I looked at the clock and saw it was 11:23pm I then said "yeah got home just fine no problems at all"

"that's good to hear, well tomorrow we are going to a house to collect evidence for an exorcism. I already called drew and gave him the details, he said he would pick you up tomorrow".

I told her that sounded good then said goodnight and hung up. When I put the phone down I looked around the kitchen it was dark and silent. I slowly walked back into my bedroom and saw a piece of paper on my bed. I sat down picked up the paper and read it.

I stopped by the store and bought a litter box, litter, cat food, a cat bed, and some toys for the cat. He's all set up in your bathroom also your shoes are at the front entry
-drew

I opened my nightstand drawer and put the note inside. I couldn't help but smile at the note my cheeks also felt warm after reading it.

I got off my bed and went to the bathroom to see the little cat sleeping in his bed. everything was set up like he said it would be which only made me smile again. I closed the door slowly attempting to not wake the kitty up and walked back to my bed.

I fell asleep with a warm feeling in my stomach and not one thought of the terrifying things that happened earlier that night in my mind.

I woke up at around 7:30am to the phone ringing again I ran over too it and answered.

It was drew "hey I'm gonna pick you up at around 8:45 does that sound ok" drew said I thought for a moment then answered "sounds good" he then hung up after saying goodbye.

I dialed a vet office and scheduled a appointment for the cat. they could only fit him in next week which was fine since he seemed ok except for being a bit under weight.

I went and opened the bathroom door to let the cat out. He ran up to me and begged for pets I tried thinking of a name for him but one didn't come to mind so I decided I would call him kitty for now. I took his stuff out of the bathroom and moved it to a spare room.

I then brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower, got dressed and did my hair. It was 8:30am now so I refilled the cat food then headed to the door. Right as I reached for the handle I heard a knock.

I opened it up to reveal drew he smiled then asked if I was ready.

I stopped for a second then said "just wait" I ran into my kitchen grabbed a bit of cash then ran back out I was about to hand the money to him when he stopped me.

"what's that for?" He said

"You bought all that cat stuff I have to pay you back" I told him.

He shook his head then told me he wasn't gonna take it that it was just a gesture of kindness towards me. I rolled my eyes at this and put the cash in my pocket then walked past him.

"I think the words your looking for are thank you." He said.

I turned back to look at him and said "thank you."

I jumped into the van and looked in the back there was lots of bags, cameras, strange lights and just overall a bunch of equipment I didn't understand how to use. Drew opened up his door and got in and asked if I was doing ok since last night. I looked down at my hand and saw that there was no mark from the grab. I was so confused since I was almost positive there was one there last night.