Are you jealous?

By time I had come out of the store with Lorraine, Ed was in his car. Thank god I said to myself. I walked up to the van and waited a moment before getting in. I thought about what I was going to say to Drew and then figured it was best to act like it never happened. I opened the door then sat down. Once I was in, Drew turned towards me and was about to say something when I cut him off.

"Let's just act like that never happened" i said hoping for a good reaction out of him.

Drew looked disappointed but he quickly covered up the disappointed face with a fake smile, "yeah that would probably be best" he said.

After that I reached for the radio and turned it up to avoid more conversation. I watched the warrens car pull out of the parking lot and then Drew followed them. We drove for awhile then we turned into a dirt road. Old trees lined the road I looked towards the end and there was the house it looked creepy but it also had a comforting feeling to it I couldn't explain it.

Drew parked the van and I immediately got out. I looked around and there was nothing but woods in sight. I turned towards the way we drove in and saw a red car pull up. I wondered who it was but my question was answered when I heard Lorraine say "oh here's brad".

Brad parked his car then got out Ed asked him if he found the place ok, and brad answered with oh yeah.

He began to walk towards me and Drew when Lorraine introduced him to us. Drew, Madeline this is officer Brad. He grabbed Drew's hand and shook it roughly. He then turned towards me and I reached my hand out for a handshake but to my surprise he took my hand and kissed it.

I looked over at Lorraine and Ed and they were both laughing I did the same and even brad began to laugh. I looked over at Drew to see if he was laughing but he was not he was just glaring at Brad. I waited for everyone to head inside before I said something.

"Are you jealous" I said trying not to laugh

Drew picked up a bag put it my arms then walked into the house without answering my question. I followed in behind him still trying not to laugh because this behavior was something I thought I would never see in him.

Once I was inside I introduced myself to Carolyn and Roger then to the kids they seemed like such a sweet family. I then asked Ed what I should do he handed me a bag and told me to put a bell on every door.

I started with downstairs then went up. Once I was done I started looking for Drew I checked a couple rooms but couldn't find him. Then I heard talking coming from a room then peaked in. There he was with the oldest daughter I watched them for a second glaring at the both of them. He smiled at her and I felt my blood boil I didn't understand why I was so mad about it but I was.

I heard someone coming over so I looked up to see Ed. I put my finger to my mouth to tell him to shhh. He gave me a confused look then peaked into the room. He then whispered to me "I know how to break it up". I watched him as he walked into the room and the oldest daughter walk out truly I couldn't remember her name and I didn't care to remember.

I stepped into the room right as Drew and Ed had finished there conversation. Ed started to leave the room but as he walked by he whispered "your welcome".

Now that Ed was gone I was in the room alone with Drew. I just glared at him.

"You know I saw you looking in here the whole time" he said.

I tried to play dumb by saying I have no idea what your talking about.

He walked up to me and got close then said "wait are you jealous?"

My face heated up and my throat went dry I tried to respond but I just stumbled over my words. Why did he have this affect over me I couldn't even think straight. Before I could get anything out he told me to go downstairs and get him the last bag. I listened only because I could not be around him for another minute.

I ran down the stairs but was stopped by two of the girls at the bottom. I believe their names were Nancy and April. The older one told me April needed to tell me something then she walked away. I was left with the little girl. She grabbed my hand and brought me out back.

Once we were outside she pulled me down to her level then said Rory said he's scared of the dark shadow that follows you around. My body froze and a chill ran up my spine. I looked at the girl then asked what shadow.

She then said Rory said it came from the barn and it wants to talk to you in the woods. She pointed towards the woods behind her house and I looked out towards them.

I thankfully didn't see anything so I grabbed April's hand and went back inside. I was shaken up by what the girl had said but i couldn't think about it. I was here to help these people not fight my demons or whatever this was.

Once I was inside I remembered something I told myself to do.

"Hey April do y'all have a phone" I said

She nodded then walked towards it I followed her and found the phone. I then started to dial my friends number. When I heard her voice on the other end I smiled.

"This is Danielle who are you" she said in a bored tone.

"It's Madeline" I said

"OMG Madeline who was that guy who brought you home last night and picked you up this morning." She yelled over the phone

"That's Drew he works for the Warrens and can you feed my cat the key is under the plant on my front porch." I said calmly

She didn't waste a second before responding, "You got a cat! Madeline please tell me if this guy is hot are y'all together ."

I sighed and then smiled, "yes he's like really hot and unfortunately we're not together. We almost did kiss though but then Ed ruined it and I'm so disappointed. I can't talk to him though because every time I try I stumble over my words or feel like I'm gonna faint". I was out of breath when I finished talking.

"Omg you like him like him ahhhhhhhhh" she said happily

"You sound like a middle school girl right now" I said laughing.

She said "You sound like you have a middle school crush"

"I really need to go Danielle just tell me you'll feed the cat." I whispered because I thought I heard someone coming.

" Ok ok I love you" she said and before she hung up I told her I loved her too.

Once I hung up I put the phone back and took a deep breath. I turned around quickly and ran right into someone. I fell right on my butt and looked up to see Drew with a smirk on his face. My face turned red when I realized what he could have heard when I was on the phone so I asked praying for a good answer, "how long have you been standing there?"

He pulled me up then answered "the whole time".

Thank you so much to all the people who are reading I love y'all so much. Don't forget to vote!!