chapter 16

Duryodhan

The guards informed they spotted uncle vidhur aunt kunti my cousins and their procession . The kingdom was in a mourning period for the death of the former king Pandu. I had never seen my late uncle or his family. All I knew is that I have 5 cousins who lives in the forest .
Everyone was present to welcome them. Grandmother ambalika looked weak. She had spent the past days crying for the demise of her son yet there was a small happiness present in her face. It may be because she is going to see her grandsons for first time. Though she never spent time or shown affection to me like grandmother Amba and Ambika she never reacted to me like grandmother satyavati.
The procession accompanying my cousins and mata kunti arrived .with them the priest Dakshin was present.
Dakshin was the leader of higher cast community so with him a large number of priests accompanied him. They may have come to give their condolences.
I saw my cousins the eldest yudhishtir is of my age but 3 days older than me . Then there was Bheem he was huge  for a child. By looking at him it is evident that he is a skilled wrestler. Then there was the 3 son of mata kunti Arjun . He had a bow with him the action was enough which weapon he preferred . Then there were the twins of late mata Madri. They are same age of vikarn.
I saw the five seeking the blessing of pitamah then they seeked the blessing of grandmother satyavati. But her next action shocked me . She hugged yudhishtir and caressed his hair. Her eyes were filled with love. For a moment I felt a rage burning in me she had never looked at me the way she looked at them . What is so different in them . Then he came towards me and surprised me by hugging me. For a brief moment I felt safe like how I feel when jyesht karn hugs me. After welcoming them everyone proceeded to the palace.

BHISHM

Pandu death devastated the entire family but the arrival of his sons give me a ray of hope but yet a fear creeped inside me and it became true when Dakshin asked for a private conversation with me

( Bhishm chamber)

" Since the yuvraj has arrived you have to announce his coronation official" said Dakshin

" Who are you talking about" asked bhishm

" The eldest son of maharaj Pandu the  yudhishtir"

" I have given my word to dhitrarashtra that the next yuvraj will be the one who proves himself to be worthy yudhishtir hasn't done anything to prove worthy .they are children who hasn't even finished their learning"

" Then do it, find a teacher to teach the princes some one with your caliber, may I suggest one"

" Who?"

" Drona , the student of great Parusharam like you."

" No one know where he is currently"

" He will arrive at hastinapur soon , according to my sources"

" I will think about it, the ultimate decision has to be taken by king, rajamata, vidhur and kripachariya"

" of course maharathi gangaputra bhishm"

Dakshin left the chamber leaving a confused bhishm with a question
" What does Dakshin gain from this proposal"

Karn

I walked towards the chamber of rajamata kunti. I wasn't allowed to participate in welcoming them. She and late king Pandu left to the forest when I was 2 yr old. I don't have a clear memory of her just a blips of them. When I entered the chamber I noticed a child holding bow and aiming , his stance showed that he was good at what he is doing. Then I saw other 4 children standing at the other end conversing with each other. Then I saw rajamata kunti smiling at me .I returned the smile and touched her feet
" Ayushman bhava" said kunti