Prologue

KIYOTAKA'S POV
"Haaahh..." I sighed after finished reviewing the documents on my working tablet. I gazed out of the window and watched as the buildings and people passed by. Currently, I'm in the car on my way towards the new but yet to be opened shopping mall/department store . Why am I heading to a shopping mall? Well its because I am opening a clothing store there with the brand 'LANTIQUE'.

'LANTIQUE' is a worldwide known brand name that I have released 4 years ago.
Not only well known in the fashion industry, the brand it's also famous in the furniture, food and beverage, cosmetics and electronics industry.

Originally as the head and owner of this brand, I didn't need to go and supervise the progression of the store myself and instead just sending my secretary will be adequate enough. But since this is LANTIQUE's first launch of a clothing store in my home country, Japan, naturally I have to make sure everything is proceeding well.

As I was spacing out while gazing out of the window, a figure of a woman caught my eye.
It's not her....
Though I only saw the back of the woman, she reminded me of a girl or maybe a woman now.
She is one of the few people I spend most of my time at high school with. Not just a friend but a relationship more than that, which is a girlfriend.
Even though it's been nine years since high school graduation, I am still searching for her figure.
Two days after the graduation ceremony, I broke up with her because I MUST head back to the white room.
Till this day, I still remember the despair and helpless look in her face. I sometimes wonder how is she doing right now, is she happy?
Is she healthy?
Did she find her happiness?
All sorts of questions popping up in my mind whenever I am reminded of her. I wondered whether I am able to stay with her if I am not from the white room.
The answer is no. No matter how many times I thought of the answer, it's always the same.

The white room was exposed to the world five years ago. The  inhumane methods of raising and nurturing future generations by the white room incurred the public's wrath. Thus, it led the public to sign petitions and oppose the existence of the white room. In order to quell the public's wrath, the government forcibly shut the white room down. The head of white room, my father, along with his colleagues were apprehended and sent to jail for violating every human rights existed. Even though the government sympathized with us the specimens for what we have went through in the white room, they had to confine us for a certain time in order to determine whether we will not abuse the  abilities we gained through the white room.
Yes, I was confined. Confined for 17 months to be exact. I heard that the other were only confined for 10 months, at most it's 12 months. My confinement was longer because I  was deemed to be the masterpiece of the white room. Therefore, they have to take extra precautions when dealing with me.

Thankfully, our identities as the white room's specimen were not publicly released. If the public were to find out that a Guinea pig was around them.
Naturally they will feel very uncomfortable.

After I was released by the government with a certain condition, I started my business with the brand name LANTIQUE from scratch and gaining colleagues, partners and employees along the way. It was a great time and I feel proud that my brand is being recognized worldwide. LANTIQUE'S success has made me one of the top 1% billionaire in Asia. Ehem, I'm not bragging or anything.....
Anyway, it seems that I will be arriving at my destination in a few minutes.