First Battle

Sarafina's POV

Harry soon returns with Luna and we got word that the others are on their way. "Oh I just remembered, Snape knows... he knows that Harry was spotted in Hogsmeade" Ginny tells us.

"That would of been nice to know earlier sister" I tell her.

"I forgot" she says sheepishly. "He's called everyone to the great hall" she states.

"Stay here and wait for the others, I'm going" Harry states.

"Not without me you're not" I tell him. He nods his head. We grab a pair of spare black robes and head to the Great Hall. Blending in with the other students. We reach the great hall and stand in lines as the teachers look at us all.

"Many of you are surely wondering, why I have summoned you at this hour. It's come to my attention, that earlier this evening Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade" Snape states. Everyone looks around muttering to each other and Snape raises his hand. They go silent. "Now should anyone student or staff attempt to aid Mr. Potter. They will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transcription, further more. Any person found have knowledge of these events who fails to come forward will be treated as equally guilty" he explains. "Another if anyone in here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening. I invite them to step forward. Now" he tells us.

Harry and I step forward lowering our hoods. "It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies..." I start.

"You still have a security problem, Headmaster" Harry finishes. Hermione, Ron and the others arrive with the order members. "I'm afraid it's quite extensive" he adds.

"How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night? Tell them how you looked him in the eye. A man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them" Harry tells him. Snape raises his wand and fires a spell. I deflect it and McGonagall steps in front of Harry & I. Snape looks at her and flees with the Carrows.

"Coward" I sneer. Suddenly Voldemort's voice fills the room.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you might even think to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour" he tells us.

"What're you waiting for? Someone grab him" Pansy says pointing at Harry. I block her view of him with Ginny. Suddenly Filch comes running into the room carrying Mrs Norris.

"Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!" he shouts.

"They're supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot" McGonagall tells him firmly.

"Sorry ma'am" he says sheepishly.

"As it happens, Mr. Filch. Your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house, from the hall" she instructs.

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading 'em to, ma'am?" Filch asks her.

"The dungeons will do" she tells him. He takes them to the dungeons. I go over to Bill and Fleur leaving Harry to talk to McGonagall.

"My daughter?" I ask them.

"With Aunt Muriel,  Andromeda, Tonks and little Teddy she is safe" Bill assures me. I sigh in relief.

"I think you should be there also" mum states as she joins us.

"No, I'm not leaving until I find Draco" I tell her. "Until then, I'll help prepare the defenses" I state. McGonagall grabs all out attentions. It's time to prepare the defenses. All the students not seventeen or older were being lead to the Room of Requirement so that they can flee and be safe. Though I know Ginny won't leave, she'll pretend too. But not leave.

(Time skip)

I'm stationed with Percy and Fred in a corridor. The one with the secret passage that leads to Honeydukes. With half a dozen others. George is somewhere else with Kingsley and our parents. We watch the shield we had created around the castle. Death eaters surrounded it. "You both ready?" I ask my brothers.

"Ready" Fred assures me and Percy nods his head in agreement. Soon the death eaters fire spells at the shield. It holds until Voldemort used Dumbledore's wand and it crumpled away. We raise our wands ready to fight.

Soon the death eaters appear and the battle begins. Percy dueling the current Minster of Magic, Thicknesse. "Hello, Minister!" he shouts. Sending a neat jinx straight at Thicknesse, who dropped his wand and clawed at the front of his robes, apparently in awful discomfort. "Did I mention I'm resigning?" he asks him.

"You're joking, Perce!" Fred shouts as he stuns a death eater. Thicknesse had fallen to the ground with tiny spikes erupting all over him; he seemed to be turning into some form of sea urchin. Fred looked at Percy with glee. "You actually are joking, Perce.... I don't think I've heard you joke since you were..." he starts to say.

I notice a spell heading his way. "Look out" I shout and dive at him. Tackling him at the air exploded. A rock hits my head hard and my world goes dark.

(Time skip) Great Hall Third Persons POV

"Sarafina!" Draco shouts rushing to her side. The first battle has ended. He just heard that his girlfriend was hurt. He rushed to the great hall to see her surrounded by her family. "What happened?" he demands as he kneels beside her holding her hand in his.

"We were dueling death eaters and I got distracted. I didn't see a spell heading our way. She tackled me to the ground and it collided with the wall sending rocks everywhere. One hit her in the head, it's all my fault" Fred cries.

"She's ok Fred, Pomfrey says it's only a concussion" George tells him.

"When will she wake?" Draco asks worried. "Where's our daughter?" he asks.

"Aurora is with my Aunt Muriel, she is safe" Molly assures him.

"Madame Pomfrey said she should wake soon" Percy tells Draco. "Congrats on the baby" he adds solemnly. Draco nods his head and looks back at Sarafina praying she'd wake up soon.

"You've all fought valiantly, but in vain. I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, tend to your wounded and dispose your dead with dignity" Voldemort tells them through their minds. "Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forrest and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me" he states. Before going silent.

"That's not good" Sarafina groans as she wakes up. Draco hugs her tightly kissing her. Glad that she's awake.

A/N

Picture above of the Order entering the great hall and gif on the external link of the Death Eaters spells hitting the shield.