chapter seven

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

4.02
( how gods talk )

02( how gods talk )

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

THE GROUP was led to the memorial by a little girl who was paid by Zemo, but they got there nonetheless. After pointing out that Karli would be inside, Sam walked towards the door while John grabbed Zemo and pushing against a wall.

"Hey. You got ten minutes," he said to Sam. "Really?" Zemo sighed as he locked the handcuffs to a railing. "Then we're doing things my way," John continued.

"Aggressive," Zemo commented as Nova went to sit at the steps, Bucky leaning on the railing next to her. "But I get it."

They waited outside in silence— minus the occasional banter between Bucky and Nova about how they were supposed to fly to Ivazar— as Sam went inside to talk to the young super soldier.

━━━━

"Uh-uh. No, no, no. This is a bad idea," John paced. Bucky sighed, "it hasn't been ten minutes, John. Just sit tight."

"Don't do that. Don't patronize me," he snapped. "He knows what he's doing," Bucky retorted.

"Have a little trust will you?" Nova said from her spot on the steps. "Sam's been doing this for a while and he's damn good at it."

John snapped his gaze towards her, "you tryna say I'm not good at what I do?"

Nova chuckled, shaking her head. "Don't get your panties in a bunch, handsome. I'm not saying you're not good, I'm saying," she paused with a sly smile on her face, "you're not Wilson."

"I'm goin' in," he stated and was about to walk over Nova but Bucky stood in front of him, effectively stopping his actions as the girl got to her feet.

"This is all really easy for you, isn't it?" John began to say to him. "All that serum runnin' through your veins," Nova's gaze hardened on him as she held onto both sides of the railing.

"Barnes, Herrera, your partner needs backup in there. Do you really want his blood on your hands?"

Bucky turned his head to Nova, both of them having a silent conversation as they held eye contact.

━━━━

John burst into the room, Bucky and Nova trailing behind Lemar. "Karli Morgenthau, you're under arrest," the blonde called out.

"So, this is what that was?" Karli said as she took steps back.

"No, Karli wait..."

"Tricking me until your backup arrived?" she continued as Lemar attempted to hold Bucky back.