chapter eight

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

5.01
( mr. i'm too cool to socialize )

 i'm too cool to socialize )

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"YOU SURE you got this?" Nova asked again and the duo nodded. "You just, stay out here unless we call," Sam said to her.

"It's between us, it's better if we do it ourselves," he continued. Bucky nodded, "yeah. Stay here and don't overwork your powers."

Nova grumbled, rolling her eyes. "I'm not a baby, I can handle myself," she said and waved them off. They walked inside, leaving the girl on her own outside the abandoned warehouse.

She crossed her arms, leaning back onto the wall not too far away from the door. She'd never admit it, but the amount of power she used that day was now exhausting her. The guys definitely noticed that, which would be the main reason they were benching her from their meeting with Walker since it was clear he won't give up without a fight.

It was quiet for a while, she could hear the birds chirping and the sounds of cars in a distance. And then she heard yells of protests and grunts of pain, along with the slams of the shield.

Staying outside without a view of what could possibly be happening inside was putting her on edge. She hadn't even realised her eyes were glowing a bright purple and a purple aura was circling her hands.

It didn't take long for her to decide she waited long enough, and even though she didn't hear any calls for her she walked in. Clearly, she was right on time.

Bucky was limp on the ground, his vibranium arm sparkling with electricity while John was hovering over Sam, the shield held over him just like he did the super soldier from earlier.

Nova raised her hands, pulling the shield out of his grip with ease before lifting him up in the air. She walked forward, still holding him up all while the aura around him was mainly made of electricity— that meant he was also jolted.

"Nova," Sam called out as he slowly got up. "Put him down." She complied, but instead of doing it gently she tossed him out of the way.

"Got the shield?" she asked, turning her head to Sam who nodded. Leaving him for a moment, she walked over to Bucky who was slowly getting up on his feet.

"You good?" she asked and he nodded slightly. He looked up and nodded to her eyes, "you needa calm down a bit. Your eyes are all..." he made motions with his hands.

Gasping softly, she blinked a couple of times and shook her head before looking back at him. "Yeah," he nodded, giving her a quick thumbs up.