Make Damn Sure

The Drill

"I just wanna break you down so badly, well I trip over everything you say. I just wanna break you down so badly, in the worst way." - Taking Back Sunday

🌊🏔🔥🌪

War Minister Qin was painfully aware of the eyes locked onto him in the heart of the drill, both Prince and Princess present as well as their companions. Currently, several smaller tankers were leading the way to the outer wall of Ba Sing Se, the drill following closely behind.

He had half a mind to be anywhere but here, the words of the Fire Lord's son still ringing in his ears, but he couldn't think of a good enough excuse to not be with his machine. Dammit, he had worked so hard on this, the drill itself was a mechanical wonder and would be nearly impossible to slow down, let alone stop. He needed to stay calm.

"This drill is a feat of scientific ingenuity and raw destructive power. Once it tunnels through the wall, our troops will storm their city." He explained to the royal siblings. "The Earth Kingdom will finally fall, and you can claim Ba Sing Se in the name of your father. Nothing can stop us."

"Hmmm, what about those muscle-y guys down there?" Ty Lee asked from the periscope she was looking out of.

Outside several troops made up of earthbenders were creating long, deep trenches to slow down the Fire Nation machinery and use as cover for countermeasures. A handful of the smaller tankers were already engaging them and seeming to get nowhere fast.

"Tragic brother." Azula grinned, lounging back on her throne. "Looks like your little plan is already falling apart. I'm sure Father will understand, after all, he is so used to his sons failing."

Fearing for his own safety Qin cut off the Princess as politely as he could. "Please, there's no need to worry." He insisted as he clapped a hand against the hull of the weapon they rode in. "The drill's metal shell is impervious to any earthbending attack."

"Oh, I'm sure it is, War Minister Qin." The Lord purred, examining the blade of the knife he had been sharpening, paying no mind at all to his sister. "But just to be on the safe side, Mai, Ty Lee, would you mind going out and greeting our new friends?"

"Excuse me?" Azula snapped upright. "When did you grow a pair big enough to dare order my friends around?"

"LaLa please, I didn't order anyone." Zetzu ran his thumb down the edge of the blade with the slightest of pressure, checking to see if it was one truly fit for a man like him. When he pulled his finger away a thick bead of blood pooled at the surface of the now split skin and the elder sibling made direct eye contact with his sister as it rolled down his hand. Holding her stone-cold stare he placed his tongue on his wrist and licked the entirety of the way up his hand, following the trail of blood to its source.

Her posture didn't change but her growing irises gave her away.

"An order would be me telling you to bite your tongue before I cut it out of your head myself, though the idea of it all is still quite tempting to me." Zetzu continued. Azula moved to lunge at her brother only to be held back by Ty Lee. A sly smirk crossed the Lord's face at her snap reaction. His sister wasn't as calm and cool as she loved to present herself to be, and he hoped for nothing more than to be the one to finally push her over the edge one day. "But now that I say it out loud I do suppose that it can be perceived as more of a threat than an order. Nevertheless, I didn't order your friends to do anything, I simply asked them. They're free to decline if they so choose."

"No thank you," Mai answered in her typical, even tone. "As much fun as it is to watch you two hate each other, I've been itching for some real excitement." She rose from the seat at Azula's right and pushed her friend back down by her shoulders. 'Not worth it, not here.' She mouthed to the Princess. Azula seemed to accept this, sinking back into her throne to glower at her brother. "Come on Lee, let's go." Mai took the chi blocker by the hand and lead her away from the family feud. As they walked they took bets on whether or not both siblings would still be alive by the time they finished.