I Don't Belong Here

The Blind Bandit

"Looking back on the past, all the time I wasted, running from everyone that tells me that I'm fading out. Must be mistaken 'cause I, I, I don't feel anything. You know I got this brain, it drives me insane, some days I feel I can't take the pain, I'm gone. I can't explain it 'cause I, I, I don't need anything." - I Prevail

🌊 ⛰ 🔥 🌪

"I've got to admit, now I'm really glad I bought this bag." Sokka admired his purchase from the day before as the team walked through Gaoling. Around his waist was the belt Aang had won at Earth Rumble VI. "It matches the belt, perfectly."

"That's a big relief," Katara said back to her brother sarcastically.

"At least your tribe can rest easy knowing their future Chief is fashion-forward." Aelita taunted with Mushu around her shoulders.

"Can we please focus on what we came out to do?" Aang chided his friends, Master Yu's school was just ahead. "If we want to find the Blind Bandit, the Earthbending Academy is a great place to start."

The four strolled through the academy gates to find the rude boys from yesterday practicing their form with vases of clay in front of them. "Oh great, you two again." One of them spat. Aelita jerked her shoulders forward threatening them to try and both boys cowered away.

"Nicely done." Sokka complimented.

"Hey!" The other boy's eyes went wide when he realized just who Aang was. "You're that kid who beat the Blind Bandit!"

"We need to talk to her. Do you guys know where she lives?" The monk asked.

"The Blind Bandit's a mystery." The older-looking student raised a hand dramatically. "She shows up to fight, then she disappears."

Unsatisfied with their answers Katara laid a reassuring hand on Aang's shoulder. "Let me handle this." She told him before getting in the boy's face. "You're not telling us everything you know!"

"No, no, I-I swear it's true." Both boys held their hands up defensively. "No one knows where she goes, or who she is."

"That's because we're asking about the wrong person." Aang slowly pieced together. He thought back to what the swamp had shown him. "In my vision, I saw a girl in a white dress with a pet flying boar. Know anybody like that?"

"Well, a flying boar is the symbol of the Beifong family." One boy said. "They're the richest people in town. Probably the whole world."

"He's right." Aelita agreed, remembering what she could about the name. "Even I've heard of the Beifong's. They're old money, there was a time they damn near funded the entire Earth Kingdom army on their own."

"But they don't have a daughter." The other boy shrugged sheepishly.

"A flying boar is good enough for me. Let's check it out." Aang motioned for his friends to follow already on his way out the door, Momo close behind.

"Yeah, you better leave." One of the boys said quietly under his breath. Aelita jerked towards them one more time and they both flinched just as hard before she turned to head out after Aang.

"Hey, I've got my eye on you." Katara threatened, gesturing with her fingers from her eyes to the boys. She walked off to follow Aelita with the punks still cowering.

Sokka smirked and walked backward out of the academy. "Water Tribe." He bragged cooly with a wave of his hands.

"Hey!" Aelita's voice called. "What about me?"

🌊 ⛰ 🔥 🌪

Back at the Earth Rumble arena Xin Fu was seething at The Boulder's accusations. Could last night have been a scam?