Shakedown Cruise

It was a beautiful day on the ocean. The waters were a murky sapphire blue color followed by a quick spray of sea foam green from the propeller of the large ships on their first shakedown cruise. The leading vessel was a battleship, the first battleship created in the 21st century to be exact. The USS Wilson as it was called was a beautiful ship whose deck guns and control towers gleamed in the Sunday sun as if they were mirrors. The ships that followed included the two sister ships of the Wilson, Zumwalt class destroyers, Savannah class cruisers, two Gerald Ford class carriers, and the flagship of the flotilla the USS Leslie. A revolutionary redesign of the attack aircraft carrier known simply as a strike carrier armed with its own naval guns and multiple squadrons of attack aircraft including specialized Warthogs designed for carrier use. The flotilla of new and battle tested ships were on a peacetime patrol off the coast of the newly created United African Continent  to see about rumors of United African Navy ships firing on civilian cargo vessels.

Admiral Zentorno Deagle was inside the main control tower of the Wilson carefully plotting the course of the patrol. Seeing a blip come up on the ship's radar prompted him to radio the strike carrier's captain to launch a patrol aircraft but he decided to keep a very close eye on the blip creeping ever so out of reach of his flotilla. “Attention all radar personnel I want all eyes on this blip”,he said over the comms in a calm but stern tone. Within minutes the large caliber guns were raised from their turrets and rotated towards the direction of the blip to send a “back off” at anything that tried to threaten the flotilla.

Meanwhile the captain and crew of the USS Leslie were conducting a quick maintenance check on the aircraft onboard along with the ship's weapon systems itself. Zento Deagle, the admiral of the carrier, was at a conference with the Head Naval Officer of the UAC’s naval forces. The two were sitting on the deck on what was once a South African cruiser locked in a one sided conversation about the disappearances of ships in the area and rumors of the disappearances being caused by the United African Navy. After moments of aggressive silence the female admiral spoke up,“Sir, with all due respect...it's better that you atleast try to plead your case instead of choosing not to talk”, she said to her African counterpart in a tone that indicated she was getting aggravated with the repetitive one sided conversation. The UAC Head Naval officer just eyed her and her security detail before responding, “The information you seek you cannot get from me”, he replied while walking away from the female admiral and her cohorts. Zento would just sigh and stand up, signaling her protection detail to follow her. The small group of five made it to their helicopter but just as they were about to board it to exit the ship they found themselves surrounded by members of the United African Naval Police each armed with low caliber smgs and mid caliber rifles. “DROP YOUR WEAHPONZ AN GET ON DA FLUR”, spat one of the advancing officers in a thick accent while racking a round in his rifle. The admirals security detail along with the helicopter’s pilot would raise their weapons against the threat of the people surrounding them while the admiral growled lowly and raised her hands in the air, “Shooting at us will be a bad move on your end sir so I would suggest you drop your weapons”, she replied while a smirk spread across her face. The atmosphere was tense as a cramped leg muscle as the Naval Police surrounding Zento began to creep closer to her and the four guards assigned to guard her.

(A/N:Whelp Im back permanently now humans so uhhh..enjoy this)