Babysitter Aelin

Author's note: 

Well imma cry because I wrote like nine hundred words for this and it didn't save so now I need to rewrite all of it *sniff* *sniff*. So you get a chaotic shorter version that is not edited, sorry....

Anyway, this is for @QueenOfTheNight9 thank you for your comment! The gist of this one is that Aelin has been babysitting Evalin for the day (don't ask where Sam is cus idk either) and she is around five. It is  based on a few memes I found. Also this is probably going to be the last chapter of this book unless anyone really wants another one! 

Comment what you think!

They were in the middle of dinner when a small voice called out from across the table.

"Auntie Aelin, can I have another slice of cake?" Aelin narrowed her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I must have heard you wrong, what did you call me?"

"Sowy, Auntie Fire Beating Bish Queen?"

"Needs work, but close enough." 

"Can I have some more cake?" Aelin thought for a moment.

"Well what did your parent's say?" 

"Daddy said no." Aelin raised an eyebrow.

"Then why would I let you?"

"Cause he's not the boss of you." The room burst out laughing and Fenrys mock glared at his daughter. Aelin smirked at the child.

"You are officially my favourite niece." Now it was Evalin's turn to raise an eyebrow.

"I'm your only niece." Aelin fanned herself.

"Sassy and smart. I really am the perfect Aunt."

"Righhhhttt so in the day you've been with Evie, she now ignores us and only listens to you?"

"Don't worry though, I've taught her many important life lessons."

"Oh no." Sophia breathed at the same time as Rowan winced. Aelin whistled to get Evalin's attention.

"What do we do when someone insults us!" Aelin shouted and Evalin jumped up, standing on her seat.

"BURN THEM!" Sophia made a small noise.

"What do we do when we're in a crowded room?"

"STEAL THE ATTENTION!" Evalin screamed, striking a pose and Aelin nodded enthusiastically. 

"How much of the attention?"

"ALL OF IT!" 

"YEAH!" Aelin pumped a fist in the air.

"You've made a mini Aelin." Fenrys gaped. Next to him Lorcan went pale at the thought. 

"And my favourite, what do we do when Uncle Buzzard tries to boss us around?" Aelin turned to Rowan and smirked.

"BEAT HIM UP!" Evalin yelled and Rowan frowned in confusion for a second before the child barrelled into him. He picked her up as she attempted to punch him. He held her at arms length as she punched the air. She pouted and he chuckled.

"I'm still the best, my little bird." Evalin turned to Aelin. With a flick of the woman's finger, flames licked Rowans legs and he shot up off his chair and fell over it, crashing to the ground. Evalin landed on her feet next to him.

"Pose! Don't forget the landing pose!" Aelin called and immediately Evalin shot her hands up straight in a gymnast position.

"Now say the line, say the line!" Aelin enthused.

"No I'M the best." Aelin high-fived her while the court was in hysterics.

"Ha haaa, take that!" Aelin pointed at Rowan, who groaned as he got up.

"Who's side are you on?"

"The better side." Evalin said plainly and Aelin high-fived her again.

"Yes!" Rowan frowned at his mate though his eyes held amusement.

"What have you done to the poor child." Meanwhile Evalin had climbed onto the table and was wobbling towards Lorcan because he still had cake left on his plate.

Aelin sniffed. "I don't know what you're talking about." 

"Really-EVIE!" Fenrys barked a warning as Evalin lost her balance and crashed down onto Lorcan. 

"Gods you weigh a lot." Lorcan mock-growled. 

"What was that you sad little emo git?" The room fell silent. As if one they turned slowly to Aelin who was wiping away tears as she laughed. When she noticed everyone looking she schooled her face into an innocent expression. 

"I don't know where she learnt that from."

"You are banned from ever babysitting our kids again."

"What? It was a good comeback!" Everyone glared at her. One of Lorcan's eyes twitched and Aelin gulped. 

"Small warrior, deploy escape plan E!" Aelin suddenly yelled and Evalin made a face. 

"Which one was that again?"

"Come on now! Escape Plan E is the one where we..." Aelin made a series of hand gestures and Evalin frowned. 

"That's Escape Plan A. We only have one. You said you got to lazy to think of the rest." Fenrys sniggered. 

"Fine! Escape Plan A, GO!" They both sprinted out the room yelling war cries as they went.