Dagger

AN: I imagine the babies as like 9 months old, give or take. I do not have much experience with babies so am not sure if their actions make sense or not for their age, please tell me if they are incorrect. Also I found the meme funny hehe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophia was having a girl's day with Aelin and Lysandra which meant that a very annoyed Fenrys was left with the twins. Make no mistake he loved them more than life, it was just...hard. It wasn't even lunch time and he had already lost both of them twice. They couldn't even walk yet!

Why couldn't he have a guy day? Sam dived forward, almost out of his hands, snapping him out of his thoughts.

They were down at the training arena as Fenrys was having to ask Gavriel and Lorcan for help. Surely three fae warriors could look after some babies. Right? He placed Sam on the ground and hoisted Evalin better on his hip. His brothers came over after training.

"Hey boyo-" Lorcan started and then frowned, "The little human is eating sand."

"WHAT?" Fenrys shrieked and sure enough Sam was about to shovel a handful of arena sand into his mouth.

"No no no. We don't eat that! Bad boy! Sand is gross!" Apparently he didn't need to say anything because Sam had already gotten a taste and had spat it out. Fenrys groaned as he saw the tell-tale signs of a tantrum. Sam threw his head back, opened his mouth and screamed. Damn that boy could scream. Lorcan winced at the noise.

"Make it shut up."

"Do you think if there was a way I could make him stop, he would already be quiet?" Fenrys yelled over the noise, torn between feeling annoyed at the high pitched noise and being protective over his baby boy. Gavriel rolled his eyes at them both and picked up Sam. He began shushing the crying baby and rocking him. Sam stopped crying and just started sobbing quietly.

"Damn you're good." Fenrys stared at the lion with a new sense of admiration.

"How do you do that?" Gavriel just smirked at him.

"What do you think of this new dagger. It's way lighter which means it'll be better to carry but won't do as much damage from further away." Lorcan pulled out dagger with a slightly serrated edge and handed it to Fenrys. He held it up and assessed the weight.

"How good is it in hand too hand combat?"

"Speed wise, good. Strength wise, bad. Wouldn't be able to hold out against a broadsword." Lorcan answered back. Fenrys held out the dagger to give it back but Evalin plunked the dagger out of Fenrys' hand, slid to the floor and began to play with it. Fenrys gasped.

"Shit!"

"Evie. Evie give that back to me please." He attempted to grab it but she shook her head.

"Your mother will not be pleased, you don't want Mummy to get angry do you? You don't want her to kill Daddy right? Please be on my side. Anddddd that's dangerous for a baby to have. Babies shouldn't get swords until they are at least three." Fenrys tried to peel it out of her fingers and she glared at him.

She screamed and he clenched his jaw, eyes not moving from her hand which was dangerously close to the sharp blade.

She held out the dagger in front of her threateningly even though the tone was completely destroyed by her cute face. Lorcan and Gavriel chuckled.

"Hey! You two! This is not funny!" Fenrys spat.

"Please just give it to me, Evie." He begged.

"Is that your sparring position, young warrior? Are you a warrior like your uncles?" Lorcan asked as he crouched down in front of her, next to Fenrys.

"Hey-" Fenrys started but was cut off by a glare from his old commander.

She giggled and clapped her hands. Fenrys nearly fainted as her hand nearly touched the blade.

"You sure are darling. Now may I please have the dagger?" Lorcan picked her up off the ground and balanced her on his hip. She nodded smiling at him and handed it over.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Why would you listen to Lorcan of all people! I thought I trained you better." Fenrys shouted and Evalin giggled, hiding herself in Lorcan's neck.

"It's only cause she likes me more." Lorcan shrugged smirking, even as he held her slightly away from him, as if he were afraid of her.

Fenrys huffed while Lorcan chuckled. Fenrys picked up his daughter out of Lorcan's hands, the male very quickly handed her over, and swung her around.

"Hey! You like me more, don't you? I gave life to you!" He pretended to be angry and she squealed with delight as she was twirled through the air. He held out his other arm and Gavriel deposited Sam in his other arm. The boy snuggled into his neck immediately.

"At least one of them likes me. I'm going to take them to our room and away from the weapons." Fenrys said worriedly and Gavriel chuckled.

"Once we've finished trying out the new weapons we will come to you're room and help babysit."

"No we won't." Lorcan stated.

"Yes we will." Gavriel promised and Lorcan stalked off scowling.

"I think he secretly loves them." Gavriel commented and Fenrys grinned.

"Oh definitely."

Author's note:

This one is actually quite long for a one shot, so hope you enjoyed.

Seeing a comment literally makes my day so if you would like to comment, please do!!!

Thank you so much for reading! xxx